Best method for you?

Discussion in Savings & Investments Plans started by Miaka_M • Apr 4, 2014.

1. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    When it comes to saving money, every person has that one way that's best for them. My question is: What is the best method that you use to save money?

I have 2 methods that I use to save money. The first is that I never carry cash around with me (or I limit the amount of cash that I carry). I find that when I carry cash I tend to spend it all but when I carry a card, I hardly spend anything. The second method that I use is basically talking to myself in the store. I hold up the item that I want and talk to myself: "Do I need this? How many times will I use this? and is it worth the price?" After these few questions, then I decide (it's usually a no).

What about you?

2. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    There are two things I do to save. The first is having a budget for unnecessary expenses. I think that it is impractical to eliminate the unnecessary expenses entirely but if you keep an eye on it, you know how you are spending. The second thing I do is shop with a list. I am good at sticking to my list so I can often eliminate those impulse buys that often end up in my grocery bags otherwise.

3. sarz

sarzActive Member

Threads:
    I disagree I think that if you have your card at your disposal you are likely to spend more than you would if you had a list and worked how much cash you would need and then only took that amount with you. It's almost impossible to go over budget then as well.

4. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    I am one person that is able to control my impulse buying. It is hard to stay away from impulse buying but that is the best way to save on money. Some people find it hard that they just decide to invest in other business so that their money is safe and can also generate income with time as an investment.