Best Mints

Discussion in Product Reviews started by joshc428 • Aug 31, 2015.

1. joshc428

joshc428Active Member

Threads:
    To freshen up their breath, most of my friends pop a Tic Tac a piece of gum. I also know a few who carry around Icebreakers, but I've never tasted a mint that had the refreshing power that Altoids do. I have a box of Altoids on me literally all of the time. No other mint does it for me. What do you like to pop in your mouth when you need to feel fresher?

2. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am glad you like them! Personally, I can't stand Altoids. I think they are way too strong. They are a mint I find absolutely over powering so I never buy them. I don't really care for Certs much either. I chew gum. However, if I really feel the need for a breath mint I will buy something like wintergreen lifesavers or something similar to that.

3. joshc428

joshc428Active Member

Threads:
    That's what makes them great, at least in my opinion. Whenever I eat Tic Tacs or gum, my mouth always feels kind of stale and smelly afterwards. The intense power of Altoids is so refreshing, like an full blast of cold water on a hot summer day. Yeah, it's super strong but my God does it feel amazing.

4. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Altoids are great for when I need to clear my sinuses. I can't eat a peppermint one without sneezing. I prefer the cinnamon ones to peppermint. I haven't had one in a while, but I'm glad I read this, because I had forgotten about my absolute favorite, which is liquorice, although I'm not sure they make it anymore. I'd heard that they were discontinued, but I haven't been able to verify that yet.

5. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    Altoids are my favorite as well, though I do use gum to clean my teeth. I hate re feel of gum in my mouth though. I like the cinnamon Altoids as well as the peppermint ones.

6. Gloryontheway

GloryonthewayNew Member

Threads:
    I use the Dentyne Ice Artic Chill gum for a breath mint. On the package, it states that you can get 40 minutes fresher breath after chewing. When you start chewing this gum you get a very extreme menthol kick very powerful impact that would clear up stuffiness, and it will clear up your nasal area. No more bad breath guarantee as soon as you chew this gum. I love it but it takes getting adjusted to as soon as you start chewing. Just be prepared for that punch that will knock out bad breath without a doubt.

Attached Files:

7. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I like Altoids as well, though I usually opt for the mini version. The regular sized ones can be a bit too curiously strong for me sometimes, haha. But they work really well after I’ve eaten certain flavors that tend to linger. Plus the tins are cute!

8. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't chew gum as it's bad for you, but I do like tic tacs because you can have one or two. I prefer the orange ones though there are several mint strengths now. I like something small and easy to carry around that will stay fresh and tic tacs do that. I'm not a fan of carrying tins around and tubes always seem to get fluff in them once you open a pack.

9. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am not sure whether you guys have soft Mints over where you live? But we have them in the UK, and they are the perfect strength. They are sweet, they refresh your breath, and they are easy to chew. Hard but soft once you sink your teeth into them. I carry them around with me when I go anywhere, and they are always useful.

10. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Whether it's Trebors, Murrays, tic tacs, mint imperials, polos or the mint cake, I love them all. I'm never without mints, I like to have them on me so as to freshen up my breath as and when I need to.

11. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I love peppermint Lifesavers. They have been my favourite mint since I was a little girl. One of my son just loves Kerr mints, they are the striped mints you get at a restaurant at the end of a meal. He'll collect all of them and eat them without us knowing. I don't dare introduce him to Tic Tacs, Menthos or Altoids. He's also discovered gum so he's hooked on chewing Excel gum.

12. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not the biggest fan of mints. I prefer chewing gum. My favorites are Trident and Orbit. I do like Tic Tacs but the ones in other flavored, not the mint one.

13. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    While Tic Tac is my usual choice when it comes to mints, any mints do the trick for me.

Actually I'm using Peppermint oil to freshen up my breathe, which I also use as air freshener adding some drops to boiling water when I have no other product at hand.

However I remember a very special and tasty mints imported from Japan that were commonly sold at the defunct VIP's restaurants when I was child. Don't remember the name of these mints though.
    1706-8.

14. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer chewing gum to mints too. Mints just make my mouth feel "furry" and gum, to me is much more refreshing. Plain old Wrigley's Extra in either perrermint or spearmint.