Best movies for 2013?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by lindbergh • Dec 7, 2013.

1. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Hey guys, 2013 is almost over and it has been a great year for movies. Some were good, some were bad, and some were awful. But overall it was a fun fun year and a successful one at that. So, before the year comes to a close, let me ask you what movies of 2013 that you have watched do you consider the best? Would you put these movies in your list? - Thor 2, Hunger Games, Catching Fire, The Conjuring, and Insidious 2?
    catching-fire-rakes-in-70-million-at-friday-box-office.

2. razelia

razeliaActive Member

Threads:
    Why is Frozen not in the list? In my honest opinion it definitely fits in the list of one of the best movies this year. Sure, it's an animated film targeted for kids, but once you've watched it, you'll realize just how different it feels compared to Disney's past movies. The animation is beautiful, the soundtrack is... hrm, a-OK (with the exception of Idina Menzel's Let It Go, which I believe just garnered a lot of fans), and the story feels like Disney's finally jumping in to the modern times. I definitely recommend it to everyone.

3. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Haha, I'm sorry razelia. I made this post before I watched Frozen. But anyway, you can include any movie you think is awesome that I haven't mentioned here. Anyways, after watching Frozen, I do think that it's one of the best films of 2013 and one of the best that Disney has made in quite a while. I wonder, what other great movies will be released before the year is through?

4. andrew172

andrew172Active Member

Threads:
    I really likes Monsters University. Speaking as a college student myself, I could really relate to the themes of the movie, and overall it had a good, positive tone and taught us how to be somewhat successful in life.

5. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I like "The Conjuring" because it is based on a true story, which is very good. The movie is quite scary comparing to other horror movies I have seen. The storyline and some of the scenes are very dark, which I sat on the edge of the seat the whole time I was watching the movie.

6. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    Right now a movie that stands out for me and is really at the helm is man of steel. I think that it was well done and executed. It is probably the best version of superman that i have ever watched. The only issue for me is that the guy that played superman, did not really resemble the kind of superman that i would think would play that part. apart from that i do not see any problems.

7. broknkyboard

broknkyboardMember

Threads:
    I'd have to say Thor 2 and Gravity! Both were very different movies, but I enjoyed the both, Thor for the action and Gravity for the amazing acting (I'm also a huge fan of science fiction movies!).

8. SpringBreeze

SpringBreezeActive Member

Threads:
    I'd definitely include Thor 2 in the list of best movies for 2013. I just saw Thor 1 on TV and it made me want to re-watch Thor 2. I'd also include Fast and Furious 6. I know it's not Oscar-worthy drama but it is still VERY, edge-of-my-seat entertaining. :D