Best Movies To End Out This Year

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by ExpertAdvice • Sep 9, 2014.

1. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    So, I had a not-so-great Summer Movie Season. I was really looking forward to so much, with the promise that was hinted at with awesome movie trailers from history-making movie franchises, like X-Men: Days of Future Past, Godzilla, Tranformers: Age of Extinction, and Dawn of the Planet of the Apes:.

About three out of five of these movies delivered something similar to what they promised, but I was a bit disappointed with what the others produced.

So, what went wrong with those movies that "bombed"? Are there more movies that you saw that you were less-than-satisfied with? and Are there any movies coming out between now and December 2014, that I can look forward to going to see in theaters?

I really need HELP here! Because I don't want to head to theater and waste my money again...

2. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    I have avoided the movies like a plague. I don't go to the movie theatres often. The last movie I seen was The Butler and that was LAST year. I always wait until the movies are available on Amazon Instant Video or Google Play. Like yourself, I have been disappointed in the past. Even though a theatre that's located 10 minutes from my home only cost $4.50 for an afternoon showing during the week, I don't want to spend $4.50 for a movie to disappoint me. Sometimes, the whole critically acclaim films get my attention but I don't buy too much into media hype around a motion picture. The only movie I plan to see is Mocking Jay: Part 1 in the Hunger Games series.

3. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I watched all those movies you mentioned when they were released. I really liked them especially X-Men: Days of Future Past and Godzilla. They were really entertaining. Hmmm... before the year ends, you can look forward to Sin City, The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies, and Mockingjay Part 1.

4. ExpertAdvice

Threads:
    Thanks mucho for the recommendation! I'm glad you see my point! I'm going to check out the trailer for the "Mocking Jay" movie. I'm also gonna start with the Amazon Instant Video/Google Play, and see which, if any, is the better bet!
    I think more effort needs to be put into making these films, whether it's the producers, directors, the effects team, or the actors. It's 2014! , and although we have yet to realize the BEST of our technology-inventions etc, I really think that that department has progressed, and has come a long way, so these moviemakers need to step up their game, or we're not buyin'!

5. ExpertAdvice

Threads:
    Thanks chiefofthenorns! I'm glad you found the good in them! I will check out the trailers that are ought for these particular movies, and if they sought my liking, I'll make the effort and give them a try!
    I'm a move-fan! I don't want to be in a state where movies have disappointed me so much that the theaters become like a desert that I no longer wanna visit! I find it extremely entertaining when I'm able to go out for a night, and enjoy a good movie with my loved ones! I hope that this is the re-start of something better .