Best Music Streaming Service

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Dame6089 • Jun 6, 2016.

1. Dame6089

Dame6089Active Member

Threads:
    I have used Spotify for several years. I enjoy it, but I have been curious about other sites like Tidal and Apple Music because they get exclusives from time to time, whereas Spotify doesn't have any exclusives as far as I am aware of. These exclusive songs and albums eventually come to Spotify, but it can take months in some cases. Does anybody subscribe to either of these? What are your thoughts on them?

At this point it would take a lot for me to switch from Spotify because of all my songs and playlists, but I am open to hearing others' opinion!

2. artyarson

artyarsonActive Member

Threads:
    There's a very decent free stream service in Russia called Yandex Music. So many albums are actually uploaded there and available for the unlimited time. It means you can listen to them as much as you want. They are not going anywhere. And it's all absolutely legal. Even bands themselves give their subscribers links to Yandex. At least, sometimes.

However, I'm not sure If it's available for those who live outside Russia or other countries that once were part of USSR. Chech this out and tell me.

3. lisasian86

lisasian86Member

Threads:
    I've used Spotify for years but I only have the free version and the constant ads are annoying, also I hate that you can't choose which song you want to listen to, you have to shuffle. It wasn't like that when I first got it and it really frustrates me. My bpyfriend pays for his subscription so he doesn't have to deal with all that but I don't think I use it enough to warrant paying for the service.

4. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    I use Spotify Premium and I think it's definitely worth it. Spotify does have a lot of exclusives, actually. There's live performances that are recorded just for Spotify users to enjoy for example, and there's often additional commentary for albums which isn't available elsewhere. They have their own studio where artists have performed, which creates additional content that's only available there. I've tried other platforms, including Deezer, Last.fm and YouTube, and I always end up going back to Spotify.

5. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    I also use Spotify as a free user. Since I'm at the house most of the time, I can just connect to wi-fi and stream music. As a free user, you can listen to songs but if it's in a playlist, you cannot choose it. You can like playlists as well and favourite them. You cannot listen to songs offline though, that's one downside. And of course, it is always in shuffle, which is another downside. The constant ads can be annoying at times.

But it works good enough for me. I'm not sure if I need the premium service because I can always go to YouTube for a specific song anyway. But if I'm feeling nostalgic and want to listen to old-school songs, Spotify has playlists for that as well. I love the acoustic versions of songs in it too and I almost always go for that.

6. Dame6089

Dame6089Active Member

Threads:
    Not sure if this will work for you, but my girlfriend and I actually just share a single account. Luckily our schedules don't overlap, so I am rarely listening when she would want to and vice-versa. You can also add on a family plan for $5 more a month, which allows 5 additional accounts for only $15 total monthly. Can really bring the price down if you share the account with others.

7. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I enjoy Spotify. I have premium account and i think it's monthly subscription fee is totally worth it. The good thing about Spotify is even if you're not a premium user, you can still stream their songs but with limitations and ads.

8. LordAndSaver

LordAndSaverMember

Threads:
    I was an early adopter of Google Music, so I get it pretty cheap to begin with, so I'm a little biased. I've never had any problems with Google music, and I use it every single day. You can upload music that you already own and stream it on all of your devices, in addition to Google's huge library. I've been impressed on several occasions at some of the small artists that I have basically unlimited access to. I like the UI a lot; it feels clean and modern. I have Google Music on all of my devices and it works seamlessly throughout my day.

9. dannyluke1

dannyluke1Active Member

Threads:
    I’ve tried a lot of music streaming sites but the one that offered the best experience for me is Jango. The site is super-easy to use. It’s free. And it offers a wide selection of music from several genres. I’ve discovered a lot of new songs and artists from the site. I would highly recommend the site for music lovers.

10. Dame6089

Dame6089Active Member

Threads:
    What is the catch for Jango? If it's free I assume there is a catch like ads that run every so often. Also, does Jango offer an option to pay for the service or is there only a free version? I have never heard of Jango, so this is pretty interesting.

11. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have used the free version of Spotify. It was okay. I got 2 free months of Google Play when I purchased my first Android phone. I really like it and have no reason to change. My first music streaming service and I still listen to it on my Roku. I have it on my phone, but hardly use it.