Best Not-From Concentrate Orange Juice?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by FlanneryCam • Sep 13, 2012.

1. FlanneryCam

FlanneryCamActive Member

Threads:
    Okay I will admit, I'm an orange juice freak. I love the stuff. I drink a gallon or more a week. But I'm also an orange juice snob. I only drink the not-from concentrate stuff. So here's my problem: not-from concentrate orange juice is expensive.

Is there a better brand? How do I get the best price on my OJ? Help!

2. gina121

gina121Active Member

Threads:
    Fresh juices will always cost more than those from concentrates. Only way to beat the high price is to buy a juicer and make your own OJ at home! :)

3. mountainside

mountainsideActive Member

Threads:
    I was going to say the same thing, but if you are going to make your own, why not just buy the thingee, where you just cut the orange in half and squeeze it in the bowl? I like Tropicana, but I read something about it that gave me pause. Can't remember what it was, but it was negative.

#3Sep 15, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2012
  4. Cornholio

CornholioActive Member

Threads:
    I don't really think there is a best. I always go for the not from concentrate juices and then just buy the least expensive one. I think it all tastes the same since most of them are using Florida oranges anyway.

5. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The best price on orange juice not made from concentrate is making it yourself. That way you know what's exactly in the orange juice and it's really fresh. I love freshly squeezed orange juice.

6. tommymac

tommymacActive Member

Threads:
    I'd go with Tropicana as the best Orange Juice.

7. KineticFreeze

KineticFreezeNew Member

Threads:
    Tropicana is pretty easily available but my favorite OJ is definitely "Florida's Best". I live in Canada so the only time I can find it is when I take a trip down south but I look forward to buying that jug of OJ and enjoying it. There just something about that brand for me, it might some sort of sentimental thing but I love the stuff! :D

8. rollybooz

rollyboozActive Member

Threads:
    Honestly, like what the others have said, I have to say again that squeezing your own oranges to make your own juice would guarantee that you get the freshest orange juice without any other hidden chemicals added to it and not reflected in the list of ingredients at the lowest prices. Most packeted juices, even if they are stated to be not-from concentrate, they still contain preservatives and flavourings. If you are doubting what I am saying, just think about this: Which company would be willing to squeeze fresh oranges and packet the juice in it's purest form for sale knowing that the juice would not last more than a week? More often than not, they would be making huge losses when their aim is to profit. I dare say that it is impossible to actually buy orange juice that is really a 100% orange juice. Get a juicer or squeezer and make some juice yourself. You won't regret it!

#8Sep 19, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
  9. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I'd have to go with that. The best orange juice I've ever tasted was that which came fresh squeezed from an orange, and you can definitely taste the difference. Barring that (because I don't always have time in a day to squeeze my own oranges) I really like simply orange. That's expensive though. Crazy expensive.

10. FlanneryCam

FlanneryCamActive Member

Threads:
    Alright so I'm wasting my money and I need a juicer! I guess it woulf be a better use of my money anyhow. Thanks all!

Juicer suggestions? Or is a juicer overkill?