Best online deal for flower delivery?

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by Alaska7 • Jul 11, 2012.

1. Alaska7

Alaska7Member

Threads:
    I have used ProFlowers twice, and the second time I was given a 30% off deal via an email, but the total still came to around $35. It was a nice bouquet with a free vase, but I still feel like there are better deals to be had Are there any cheaper sites for flower delivery?

2. Kam147

Kam147Member

Threads:
    You should check out 1-800-Flowers.com. It is a top-notch company, and they do very good work. You can spend pretty much whatever you want. Regarding finding cheaper and better deals, keep this one axiom in mind when shopping for flowers - "you get what you pay for:)"

3. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not sure how big the arrangement was, but $35 beats the $65 we've paid for what was a pretty small bouquet. I'm not sure who is the cheapest. Most just outsource the job to a local florist. I would think you'd be further ahead to work with the florist directly. I did see ebates offers cash back on FTD, Proflowers and some other sites.

4. David Galway Florist

David Galway FloristNew Member

Threads:
    The size of the bouquet or arrangement is not the only consideration. The type of flower is also important. Some flowers are more expensive than others. There may also be a lot of work or thought and imagination gone into making what is essentially a unique work of art. But, having said that one must also say that not everyone likes flowers and gets that. For many more is better and that is totally understandable. That is why it is always a good idea for the florist to be in communication with the person who is ordering. That way they can reach an understanding about what is required and what is available and what it will cost.

That is why dealing with a "middle man" when ordering flowers is sometimes not a good idea. As a local florist, I would recommend that people phone us and talk to our florists and get the arrangement that they want at the price they want.

One more little point. The delivery charge. If the florist you order from is a long way from the recipient, it is reasonable that there be a delivery charge. One can hardly expect the florist to spend his profit margin on fuel and staff time sending the flowers a long way. Try to order from a florist near the recipient's address. This will (ought to) greatly reduce the delivery charge for you and give you a better bouquet for your money.

5. Lady350

Lady350Member

Threads:
    I have used

. This site has came through for me all year for any occasion that I needed them for.