Best online storage provider?

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by daimashin • Jan 19, 2014.

1. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    Are you guys a premium subscriber of online storage like FileFactory? Which do you think is currently the best out there in terms of pricing and features available? All of them offer full download speed so that isn't a factor.

2. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I'd recommend Mega as the best storage for now. They offer the most free storage so I'd assume that their paid upgrades offer much more value than the others, and also from what I've read about them, they seem to be the most vocal about the advocacy of consumer privacy and as far as I know they don't even see what files you are storing on their servers. There might be other better ones out there, but I've been using Mega for a while now and have been relatively satisfied with the service. Their upload speeds are a bit slower than others, though, but I imagine that feature is corrected for paying customers.

3. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    There so many sites that provide online storage. What I do is choose the top best and sign up for a free account. Imagine signing up on 10 different providers each providing 50GB free space for free members then that is 500GB free of space to use.

4. lavenderblue

lavenderblueMember

Threads:
    Dropbox is the best. Never had any issues with them and lots of different ways to view the files. Online, via software, via tablet, etc. Nice interface. I also like Amazon and Google storage since I feel they're very reliable. Google storage is especially awesome since it's so immense and free. It's important to me that the service is honorable enough to send an e-mail if files are in danger of being removed.

5. pahagwl

pahagwlActive Member

Threads:
    I have used a number of cloud storage providers and I have to say that Dropbox is the best in terms of features and reliability. I have been using it for almost a year now and never encountered any problem while using it. And it also lets you transfer files seamlessly across devices as it has applications on almost all platforms.

6. delusional

delusionalActive Member

Threads:
    I just put everything in my Dropbox folder. I wiped an old laptop yesterday and noticed that I didn't need to backup anything because all my important files were already in my Dropbox account. It works like a charm and I have enough storage.

7. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Depends on what you are using them for. If you are looking for a service to back up your important files, I wouldn't go with something like FileFactory. FF and many similar sites such as Rapidgator, Ryushare, FilesMonster and others are rife with pirated software, music and movies. They come and go quite frequently, until the hackers/pirates are no longer making good affiliate commissions from them or until the government shuts them down. Whenever one particular file host becomes too popular, the hackers move on to another one and start sharing all their files there instead - hoping the downloaders will periodically cave in a buy a premium account, which earns the hackers a commission. I would stick with more reputable companies like Google or Microsoft for personal backups.

If you just want a file host that makes it easy to share some stuff with your friends, one of my personal favorites is Zippyshare. If you've got AdBlock enabled in your browser, they don't nag you at all to get to the download - no countdowns to wait through, no crazy security codes or surveys you need to complete first, nothing. One of my least favorite of them is LetItBit, which a lot of sites are using and it drives me nuts. LetItBit requires you to download and install their crappy adware before you can get to the downloads. The other ones I really hate are the ones that make you complete a survey first, like FileIce. Those survey's *never* complete and unlock the file. I would say almost 100% of the time, they wouldn't work at all.

8. Eagle910

Eagle910Active Member

Threads:
    I would have to recommend File Drive. Simply because their server is unbelievably fast, and they offer unlimited storage for premium members. You can't beat that.

9. Gmac9100

Gmac9100Active Member

Threads:
    I have to agree. They are the best online storage provider since Megaupload. Their servers are as fast as they can be, and they offer great service to free users. There really is not any reason to buy a premium account.

10. ghostwheel

ghostwheelMember

Threads:
    I use Dropbox mainly for the convenience of being able to transfer files easily between all my devices and computer. However, one common one I find quite handy also is google drive - a free account gives you access to 10 gig which is also used as part of your email storage as well (I think they increased it to 15 gig now)

11. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    I use Mediafire for all my online storage needs. Its fast, has a very high storage capacity, doesn't limit your download speed and its free. I don't like online storage sites that make you pay to be able to unlock full download speed, In my opinion, online storage sites should only charge people for extra storage space and not full download speed. Another online storage solution that I like is Dropbox, although I don't use that often, specially for large files, but for small files like word documents or low resolution image files, I use Dropbox.