Best Option To Charge Your Laptop Incase Of Power Outbreak

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by prettypal • Sep 13, 2017.

1. prettypal

prettypalNew Member

Threads:
    If there is a power outbreak for many hours or for a whole day/night, I'm sure some of us feel isolated from the internet world. Though, there are many inverter and battery chargers available, the best option would be a portable solar laptop charger.

What is your opinion friends? Is there an another alternative??

2. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    I have never used inverter and solar charger to charge my laptop. I have spare battery and in case there is no power for hours I will be using my spare laptop battery. I always keep my spare battery fully charged. By having extra batter, I can continue to use laptp for few more hours. Good thing about having spare battery is you can carry with your laptop.

3. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    I think having UPS at home with battery backup seems to be only option. There are some people who have solar units with laptop charging option. Though do note that laptop charging units cost a lot of money. Especially if they are powered by the solar units. So that's one thing you have to note there as well.

4. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:
    I was told by friends that another way to make sure that your laptop battery is full when there is no power, is to charge it without battery. You first charge the laptop and after the battery is full, you remove the battery and keep it for use when power is out.

You can then use your laptop while connected to the power source but this time round it has no battery. It will still be one because it will be using energy directly from the power.

I find this method to be very weird but I tried it once and it worked. My mother told me never to try that again or my laptop will burn and spoil.

5. prettypal

prettypalNew Member

Threads:
    Many ideas shared over here. Mildred, your mother is right. It is not safe to connect directly to the power without battery, unless that's your old spare laptop. I think solar chargers are much cheaper nowadays. But I need to check this with my nearby solar shop.

6. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We are very conscious when it comes to solar power. In fact, I had posted in another thread about a rechargeable lamp that can be charged using electricity or solar. I had tested that solar charger of that lamp and it is a dud. With the prevailing condition of the technology of solar power, I still have to see an efficient charger. Be careful in buying that gadget or better yet, test it fully before you buy.

7. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    There should be many alternative, I guess even power banks are there which may support laptops now. But not sure. Buying inverter specially for this reason may become costly. I mean if one is facing regular power cut in their area then inverter may be worthy, but if it is happening occasionally then I don't think it is good idea to spend more money behind all these things. People can always stay away from laptop and internet for a while.

8. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Well having a generator installed in your home would be a good idea overall, but it's a bit costly. My cousin has one though, so she never has to worry about power outages.

9. prettypal

prettypalNew Member

Threads:
    moneymania, I like the idea of using generator and have thought about it. But we need natural gas or diesel to run them and refuelling is a big problem. I have heard of automatic generator but not sure how it works.

10. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    Well I got a good laugh here because of the thoughts of me thinking I could use one of those hand crank things that you can get. They are great for flashlights, but the USB charger does not really work so well, at least not for the big stuff. I tried at least.