Best Pair Of Headphones?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by HueyTheFreeman • Mar 14, 2015.

1. HueyTheFreeman

HueyTheFreemanNew Member

Threads:
    I take my music very seriously, and I am now searching for the best pair of headphones. I currently have Beats Studio Wireless. Are there any headphones out there that are better, because so far I am very content with these. I just want to know which are better so I can move up.

Help please!

2. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    I am not into headphones. I feel constricted and choked whenever I put a headphone. I don't like the sounds being directed directly into my ears, it gives me headache and makes me deaf. So, I cannot really recommend a good headphones. But then I heard that Beats headphones is cool, a lot of famous personality are using it.

3. TommyVercetti

TommyVercettiActive Member

Threads:
    Beats headphones are absolutely one of the most overrated headphones out there and I even consider them a scam. Basically, making a pair amounts to $14, yet they cost $450. Neato.
    Check these out if you want to know the truth, which is pretty much common knowledge to audiophiles everywhere anyway:

If you want to pay for sound quality rather than the brand, check out Sennheiser.

4. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I was waiting for someone to mention Beats by Dr Dre. Of course, they sound like the obvious pair of headphones to mention, since they are a brand name, and easy to recall for the mind. But there are headphones out there that are better. Many people will just say that they are the best because of the brand name behind them.

5. pwarbi

pwarbiActive Member

Threads:
    I also have to agree that beats headphones are massively over rated in my opinion. Everybody has their own personal fast but for me they are have way too much base. I think they are more of a fashion item than for somebody serious about music.
    I'd have to recommend seinheiser headphones although they can be a bit expensive, it depends on your budget really.

6. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Bose, Sony, and a handful of other companies make great headphones that range from $150 to $300, which is the usual price for a good pair of headphones. It depends on whether you want in-ear, on-ear, or over the ear headphones, though, because each style has its benefits and disadvantages.

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The popular choice for headphones are always the well known brands like Sony, Sennheiser, JVC, etc. However, I don't see Skull Candy being the popular choice for the best headphones, but Sound Magic gets great reviews. I actually would want to buy myself a Sound Magic earphone once I have extra money that's not reserved for other expenses.

8. HueyTheFreeman

HueyTheFreemanNew Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the help guys! Gonna make my decision pretty soon and I have taken all the suggestions into consideration. I'm not 100% percent positive on what I will choose, but I'm leaning towards a pair of Sony.

9. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Bose is the worst choice for just about anything in audio.
    We can't really give you any recommendations without you giving us a budget. Headphones range from $5 to $5000, you know.

10. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I think those headphones are more for fashion rather than sound, even though I'm sure the sound is decent enough. I've heard from many that a lot of cheaper brands sound just as good though and I'm sure that there are brands out there that have the same performance while still being a bit cheaper. Off the top of my head one of the brands I recognize from this discussion was Senheisser.

11. rares209

rares209Member

Threads:
    My all time favourite headphones are the Audio-Technica ATH-M50X. They cost about 160$, but I haven't seen a bad review about them. I actually think they are the best headphones under 200$. Sadly, I don't have the money to buy then, because I would. But if you are really into music and you are ready to spend some money on some quality headphones, I think you should buy them.