Best Pet Store?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by justusforus • Oct 30, 2013.

1. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    My personal favorite is Petco. I think they have a great selection, some novelty items like biscuits by the pound and I usually have someone come up and offer to help before I go looking for help. What is your choice for best pet store?

2. illusion

illusionMember

Threads:
    There's a Pet Smart by my house so I always go there. I haven't noticed a big difference between Petco and Pet Smart so either or is fine with me.

3. Shana

ShanaMember

Threads:
    I go to PetSmart more but only because it is closer to my house and they will honor PetCo prices for me. However I like PetCo better! PetCo has better prices and a better selection then PetSmart everyday of the week. I love the dog treat thing they have up front where I can get just a couple or a ton of whatever I want and pay by the pound! They also seem to have way better customer service if you ask me, I think they always have more people around to help me.

4. jcairns82

jcairns82Member

Threads:
    PetSmart all the way. I find that their service is impeccable and both of my dogs were 'successful' at their obedience schools. The sales staff are always helpful at assisting me to locate new products and they're especially knowledgeable about the healthy ingredients in their dog food.

5. Pawski

PawskiNew Member

Threads:
    For years I've been a Petco/Petssmart kind of guy. I always thought their selection was good and the price was right. I've tried the local pet store thing in the past, but due to the high prices i just haven't been able to support them.

Well recently I discovered a small pet store in my area (minneapolis, MN) that is GREAT! They have unreal deals - just last week I got almost $13 off the price of my normal pet food ($8 in store discount + $5 coupon in the mail). The name of the store isn't as important as the fact if you shop around town and look LOCAL - you can find some great deals.

If anyone is in the Mpls area and would like the name of the store - please let me know.

6. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    @ Pawski: I'm curious why you wouldn't post the name of the store? Wouldn't that help bring business their way or at least bring more interest their way?

@ Justusforus: For some reason I am dying to know what the sandwich is as your avatar? I have no idea why but it has been EATING at me. Yuck yuck.

#6Oct 30, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
  7. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never done that much shopping stores, especially the big ones. I'll usually buy on smaller pet shops. However, I do prefer Pet Smart, whenever I've been there I think they have a lot of nice stuff, and good prices.

8. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    I think you will be disappointed. I was chatting with a friend and said I had just made a sandwich. They said "what did you make?" So I shot a picture with a cell phone and let them guess. They said it looked good till I told them it was a "grilled tofu with peppers and onions, with mozzarella on top. I added the tomato put it on whole wheat and the day I joined here I saw it. Thought it would be an interesting avatar for a shopping forum. Bottom line my friend said "yuck" so it kinda became my motto. Can't please everyone and one person's trash is another's treasure.

9. hbmm

hbmmMember

Threads:
    Pets for homes is good here in the uK

10. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks Pawski. I am all for supporting the mom and pops if they can compete with the chain stores. Good to see you found a bargain and would love to see the name out there as well.

We have some locals, but since I am not impressed, I went with the chain.