Best Phone / Tablet Browser

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by DrRipley • Jul 11, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I've found there's a whole lot of browsers for phones and tablets nowadays, and I've tried about 5 of them and while I did find all of them to be very useful and well made, I'm still not able to just use only one because none of them have all the features completely. For example, one I used has a great way to organized saved photos and you can even secure them via lock and password, and shortcuts are included and customizable, but it doesn't support video pop-up like another browser I use does, and I'm hoping there is one suggestion that encompasses all these features. I'm even willing to pay for it if there really is such an app that is this complete.

Alternatively, please also just discuss here which browsers you use on your devices and if you are satisfied with them, and if you have any improvements or extra features you'd like to see in them for future updates.

2. IrishLad

IrishLadNew Member

Threads:
    I can recommend the google chrome app for you. It's so good, the interface on it is perfect for navigating, it's been designed perfectly. It's also free which is pretty important and the handiest feature is that you can sign into your google account in it, and share bookmarks, recent and open tabs with your desktop version of chrome.

3. Navii

NaviiActive Member

Threads:
    I really enjoy the Dolphin Browser for android. It's free and really customizable. It also has a really active developer who includes most of the features you suggest. He's also really fast in answering questions so that's a big plus for me too. The browser itself has a pretty clean looking interface and is in my experience tied with Firefox in terms of speed, so there's not much to improve about it anymore but if you got something just send it to the developer and he will have a look at it.

4. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use both Chrome and FireFox. They're fast and they limit data consumption compared to other browsers. Opera does an even better job at that, though. My phone's regular browser is decent, but I prefer my downloaded browsers more often than not.

5. oldwriter

oldwriterMember

Threads:
    In my opinion one of the best is Boat Browser:

This browser with easy configuration can be useful when you need to access websites like dailymotion where the use of flash or HTML5 player is device-dependent.

You can easily emulate an iPad from boat browser.

Choose "Ipad" as user agent and disable Flash.

You can emulate part of the Apple experience from your Android, as well as Desktop.

Very good browser!

#5Jul 24, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
  6. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I'm using an iPhone so for the most part, i use it's default browser which is Safari. However i recently installed Opera mini, which is actually a pretty decent browser. It does load some websites really fast and the browser itself is lightweight. The downside of Opera Mini is, sometimes it doesn't display the pages properly, like the website contents are all over the place and it's really frustrating. So basically, i use Safari most of the time but if i want to do some light, easy browsing, i go for Opera Mini. :p

7. Servace

ServaceActive Member

Threads:
    I like google chrome on my Nook. I feel like google chrome is the fastest browser on pc and on mobile.

8. Tapel

TapelMember

Threads:
    I've tried using Apple phones and Android phones before but what suits me the best is Windows phones. I love windows phones especially Windows 8. :)

9. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I have been using safari for quite some time, and then I gave a try the Google chrome in my iPad. Since then, it's the one that I have been using. It's really great, it's sleek and very simple to use unlike other browsers that still have those unnecessary displays, that you won't need all the time. And when you need them, you could just intentionally go looking for them that they don't really need to be there apparently. I guess I share the same sentiment with the majority.

#9Oct 5, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2014
  10. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I have been using the default browser for my phone which is the Google chrome. I think it is an excellent browser and can be navigated easily. I am yet to try other browser and compare it to the chrome. I am so addicted to chrome that I do not think I will get used to any other browser.

11. DesignerMum

DesignerMumActive Member

Threads:
    The default browser for my phones should be sufficient. For BlackBerry, I just directly type in the web address and the browser would take me there. I don't even know what the default browser for BlackBerry is. For tablets, I also just use the default. My iPhone is also at a default. It's already sufficient for the surfing, the browsing and sending emails. Also for messages. I didn't think I needed to change anything unless I really know what I'm doing. :eek:

12. maryannballeras

maryannballerasMember

Threads:
    I have tried a couple of browsers before and based on that experience, I can say that Mozilla Firefox is the best that I've had. It doesn't lag that much on my phone, and another feature that I like with this browser is you can save a page as a pdf file. I have never seen any other mobile browser that had this option.