Best place to buy online

Discussion in Online Shopping started by caparica007 • Sep 30, 2013.

1. AngelicDevilTel

AngelicDevilTelActive Member

Threads:
    Amazon hands down!
    Before discovering Amazon I would have said eBay but eBay doesn't have much on Amazon.
    Main reason I love Amazon is the gift cards, its like getting and instant discount on your order and they never expire so you can build up for something big if you want to.
    They also have everything you could ever want and probably things you didn't even know you wanted.
    They really do have everything from A to Z (if nobody knew that is what the arrow in the logo is supposed to represent)

2. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    Definitely Amazon and EBay. Awesome services and really good sites to find products. You wouldn't go wrong with them.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't tried to buy anything from Amazon yet, so I would have to say that Ebay is better, because of the free shipping that most Chinese sellers offer. I'm outside the US, and as expected, I haven't found any seller in Amazon that offers free or cheap shipping.

4. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would have to say Ebay right now is a total mess. A few years ago I would have said Ebay, but my husband and I have been looking for a second hand laptop for the past week and oh gosh, the communications have gone to pot. we had to abandon 2 due to lack of communication. I think it's very shoddy, not to mention RUDE to list your item and not respond to potential customers AT ALL. It was never like this before. I could go on, but that's a story for another day.

Amazon meantime has never let me down, granted I've shopped more with ebay. But I do like Amazon more now, and I buy ebooks there on a weekly basis.

5. eagletal88

eagletal88Active Member

Threads:
    I will go with the majority and say Amazon. I have been ordering there for over 10 years and haven't had one issue. Shipping times are always reasonable, and of course the prices are favorable as well. I always go with the saying, once you find a good service, stick with it.

6. Metalhead

MetalheadNew Member

Threads:
    I buy the things I need from multiple sources.

1. The biggest online shop in my country is Emag (great discounts, etc), most of the electronics I buy come from them.
    2. Amazon.co.uk for the books and the rare stuff that I can't find easily in my country.
    3. Ebay for more select products, like PC parts and other things that you may not find in any other places.

7. elite1fl

elite1flMember

Threads:
    I pretty much buy everything on Amazon now. Between buying from Amazon direct or, from the Amazon Marketplace, you can't go wrong. When buying from the Marketplace you do have to watch the reviews the sellers receive, but that's the same you would do on Ebay. For electronics Newegg also has excellent prices, but they do have restocking fees for some items which I don't like.

If you install the Amazon 1Button App on your browser, when you're shopping on another site, if Amazon has the same item, a little bar pops up with the price and a link to the item on Amazon. If the item is cheaper on Amazon, you just click the link and go right to the item on Amazon. I have a link below to the 1Button App.

Link:

8. sll-rambleon

sll-rambleonMember

Threads:
    OMG... I love this site. I`ve never seen it before. I am going to spent all of my money of T-shirts. My mom will be so proud xD
    No seriously, I am so digging these designs and if the cotton is like they say it is, it will be awesome. My girlfriend will be ecstatic when I send her like 10 shirts like these. The only problem in this happy story is the fact that they will charge me with 8 bucks of shipping costs because I live in far end of the world but I do not care at all. I would pay 50 bucks for some of those Ts.
    Thank you were much kind stranger of the internet. Send me your address I will send you a T for your birthday :p:p:p

9. Happy247

Happy247Member

Threads:
    For me, I think that ebay is a better way for me to shop. I find lots of vintage things that I wouldn't find in the store. For instance, my son is a huge Ghostbusters fan. I don't understand it but he is. I haven't seen many Ghostbusters anything in the stores but ebay has pages and pages of the stuff. Amazon is good for books, in my opinion. They have a wonderful selection.

10. IcyFirefly

IcyFireflyActive Member

Threads:
    Many of my online purchases are from Amazon although I do check on eBay just to see the price different for the same product. Because I am frugal, I don't even want to pay a dime more than what I have to. I compare the shipping costs, delivery time, taxes, fees and whatever before my final decision is made.

I don't have any problem with Amazon as far as returning the item, and with eBay I am protected by Paypal and by eBay itself. So depends on the price, I either go with Amazon or eBay, but lately Amazon won at least 8 out of 10!

11. ABC123

ABC123Member

Threads:
    Amazon is were my husband and I shop most. There is a wide range of items for sell and we can sell things their too, which is nice. We have used Tiger Direct and Zappos also. Zappos is especially nice with their shoe assortment and return policy. Tiger Direct is nice for my computer geek husband. I have ordered from Staples online and they usually are very good with arrival times and packaging. Walmart and Target have deals sometimes. I also like Zazzles were a person can custom cerate specific products.

12. kana_marie

kana_marieActive Member

Threads:
    Of course it depends on what you are going to buy, but I really like Nomorerack. They have some of the best deals I've been able to find anywhere. I also like listia. You can find things there you absolutely cannot find anywhere else. I always buy points rather than selling anything, but the points are super cheap. The price you actually end paying is pennies on the dollar of what its worth.

13. Peachdejour

PeachdejourMember

Threads:
    I shop between Amazon and Zulily. I have always been and Amazon fan, but I really love the prices on some of Zulily's events and just don't seem to find the same type of eccentric styles on Amazon as easily as I would like. For the most mainstream and basic things, Amazon is hard to beat.

14. Marcosy

MarcosyNew Member

Threads:
    I think best online buy and sale platform is Amazon & ebay.