Best Place To Buy Retro Games?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by eagletal88 • Mar 12, 2015.

1. eagletal88

eagletal88Active Member

Threads:
    Where do you buy your oldie, but favorite video games?

I seem to have the best luck through local Craigslist listings, (price wise), but for select games I have to use eBay. Using Ebay seems to be more on the pricey side due to more knowledgeable people selling games. I am trying to find Fire Emblem for the GameCube and it sells for almost $150 on Ebay. Way too much for my budget!

2. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    The truth is I've had the best of luck at thrift stores. By luck I mean in terms of the price. they very seldom look up retro gaming systems or games before putting them on a shelf. They become the same price regardless of whether it's Panic Restaurant for NES or M&M Racing for Wii they will usually run about 5-10 dollars.

3. philipgust

philipgustMember

Threads:
    We have this place in Sweden called Gekås and that is a great place to find retro games...

4. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    You could try your luck at pawnshops or secondhand stores, occasionally you might stumble across a rare gem. Also, yard sales could work depending on your neighborhood.

5. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    eBay is almost the worst way to buy retro games, since people are driving the prices up artificially. Your best bet is to find a specialized retro game store nearby, most people there actually know the worth of their games and won't try to rip you off.

6. Megan888

Megan888Member

Threads:
    We buy from our local Disc Replay! It is a resale shop that sells movies, vintage video games, and newer stuff as well. They take trade-ins for cash or credit as well. They are a chain but there are not too many of them. I also like yard sales and church rummage sales.