Best Place to Buy Slips (Lingerie)

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by SpringBreeze • Nov 1, 2012.

1. SpringBreeze

SpringBreezeActive Member

Threads:
    I'm looking for stores that sell beautiful and sexy slips. Nowadays, most slips come in 3 colors: black, white, and nude. And they come in plain design with maybe a thin strip of lace tacked on at the bottom.

I'd like to buy some half and full slips in bright colors like the red slip Mandy Moore wore in Because I Said So. And I'd also like to buy slips in black, nude, white, and other colors with beautiful designs. Can any of you suggest stores or websites? Websites are preferable. Thanks!

2. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I didn't know anyone wore those any more, but maybe I haven't been keeping up with the fashions. I should say I don't wear them and haven't for at least 20 years or more. I put my dress on and that's it, I am out the door without looking back. So do ladies still wear those nowaday? I have no idea where you may find one, try Victoria Secret.

3. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    I was going to say Victoria Secret too, probably online. I'd do an Internet search and see what comes up. The stores I shop only have the black nude or white you already mentioned, but I'd think there would be a specialty store somewhere selling what you're looking for.

4. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I didn't realize that women still wore slips. I haven't wore one since....I can't even remember. I grew tired of slips and started wearing lined skirts. It made life so much easy.

It would be fun to wear full slips on special occasions that don't included going outside. :eek: They can be very sexy, but I don't know of any place that still sells them. There are specialty lingerie shops. That would be the first place where I would look.

5. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    I am surprised too. I haven't worn a slip in a long time, but I used to like to wear them to bed many years ago. That was like a craze with me. I don't remember how I grew out of it or even forgot about those slips. Maybe I should get myself some again for old times sake.

6. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    The only place that I wore slips back then was to sleep in them when it was hot after they went out of style, I thought, but I thought they had gone out of style in the 70's. And when you mentioned it, I was kind of surprised because I said who wears slips any more. So I guess you would have to go to a specialty shop to find that item or I don't know at the moment. Try Sears, they may still carry them, but who knows.

7. SpringBreeze

Threads:
    Hahaha, I guess that's why I can't find quality looking slips. I didn't know they had gone out-of-style that much. My mom and some of my aunts still wear them. I got into it when I was a teenager, when an older aunt stopped me because she could see everything under my dress as I passed her in front of a window giving a lot of sunlight. She told me to always wear a slip underneath dresses and skirts that aren't excellently lined. I still remember that incident. And I've seen many girls walk around with their panty showing and not realize it. Many linings today in dresses and skirts are of poor quality. Even stores like Ann Taylor have cheapened the quality of their lining over the years. So, I like to add half slips for extra covering. I don't own any full slips. But I'd like to...

Also, I kind of like the feeling of it. And I'd of course like it even more if stores sold pretty slips again. :)

Thanks y'all for answering! :)

8. SpringBreeze

Threads:
    Thanks for the suggestion Lena and jleadbet!! I checked out Victoria's Secret and they have some beautiful slips. Really beautiful!!! :) But most of the slips they have are the mini full slips that you wear to bed or as lingerie around the house. I'm looking more for slips, (specifically half-slips) that can be worn under clothes easily.

I did find one half-slip on VS that I'm going to buy. It's black with pink lace detail. It's so cute! :)

I'm going to look for specialty stores online tonight. Thanks again!!!

9. webshophoffbyhoff

webshophoffbyhoffNew Member

Threads:
    buy Slip dresses with comfortable and sensual.You can choose from Wide range of designer slip dresses.

#9May 1, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2013
  10. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I am going to say Tj maxx or Marshall's. these stores usually have a big discount on good quality brands so you can't really go wrong with something that you get for the fraction of the price. I always get lucky going to these stores at the start of the week because this is when the new shipments come in.

11. Libragirl67

Libragirl67Active Member

Threads:
    Since slips are so outdated I would suggest going to the thrift stores. You can find all sorts of quality items there that have been gently used. And ofcoarse you can't beat the prices there either. I know I have seen slips at our local thrift store. Other than that your best bet is to go online and see if anyone still sells them. Or if you are able to sew maybe you can find the materials at a fabric store. I know it would be cost effective since a slip does not use alot of material. And I do not think the fabric would be very expensive. Or you cantry going on line to playtex.com. They may have slips in there inventory.

12. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    Victoria Secret is one and their designs are perfectly sexy and they're really not that expensive. Asian brands like Bench has good sets too.

13. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I didn't know these were still in fashion. I haven't worn a slip in years. But if they still make them, they'll probably be in Victoria's Secret or Fredericks.

14. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I am glad that you found some slips and as she mentioned, maybe Fredericks of Hollywood would be another place to try. So since there are women that do wear them maybe, they will bring them back in style again.

15. stacyplace

stacyplaceNew Member

Threads:
    You can find sexy and cute lingerie at online store named sexywearavenue. Here you can get bright and colorful lingerie at relatively low price range. Whether its plain or colorful in blue or red, all can be find here. Other than lingerie, you can also find sexy outfits here. Choose outfits that go with your personality.