Best Place To Buy Towels And Bed Sheets?

Discussion in Home & Garden started by hayrake • Jan 23, 2015.

1. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    Good towels and bedsheets have gotten way too expensive. Still, the really cheap ones are really not worth the effort of buying. They don't last nearly as long and don't feel very good either. Where can you get at least medium quality for the best price?

2. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    Macy's. I usually buy Ralph Lauren towels and bath cloths and Macy's always has great sales. They have plenty of other brands also, but with the frequency of sales and then coupons on top of that, it's almost like they are giving you the towels.

3. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Kohl's is good for towels as they always do offers, buy one get one 50% off and there is Kohl's cash on top of that. Another place I like is Marshall's though it can be hit and miss, but I have found some designer towels there at huge discounts.

4. Sunshine

SunshineActive Member

Threads:
    You can find good name brand towels at Ross Dress for Less for next to nothing. Marshalls, TJMaxx and HomeSense also have nice towels but they are more expensive.

Nice bedsheets are more expensive though. Most of the high thread count sheets I have found were from HomeSense and they weren't that cheap. But I suppose they were cheaper than paying full price from them at a department store.

For duvet covers I have had good luck at Ikea. They are decent quality and reasonable prices. Most of my duvet covers are from there and they've held up very well throughout years of washing.

5. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Macy's accepts coupons?

I buy my sheets at Ross Dress for Less. You can get name brand sheet sets for a great price. The best sheets I ever purchased came from Ross. They were Eddie Bauer. They were the softest sheets that I have ever slept on. More importantly, they didn't develop any fuzz after I washed them.

I prefer to buy my bath towels from Ana's Linens or Macy's when they have a sale. I really didn't know that Macy's accepts coupons. I don't like to skimp on bathroom linen. I don't like the feel of a cheap rough face towel on my face.

6. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    Absolutely! They are the provider of the coupons! :D You've never seen their coupons in the paper or received their catalogs that announce the next big sale? The sale alone is a good price, but if you have the coupons in the catalogs or newspapers, it's better and if you have their card ... :eek:

7. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Macy's with a coupon would be my first choice. TJMax has good quality household products also. I will be shopping for towels and sheets this year along with bedding so I will be looking into all of the places suggested here very soon. And I will look for coupons for all of the stores I shop at.

8. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I buy towels at Marshall's but I don't mind buying sheets at Walmart.
    Walmart has jersey sheets made of t shirt material that are pretty soft and sometimes go on clearance super cheap.

9. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I will buy some towels at a store called Family Dollar. I have also bought some at yard sales or Thrift stores as well. These aren't cheap to buy in some stores so cutting corners is not a bad idea especially on towels because they get used so much. We have also bought towel sets from a company called Fingerhut. This is also a grent place to buy linen sets. They have decent prices for actual sets not just one item at a time such as in deparments stores where you can pay around what five to ten dollars for one towel.

10. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    The best towels I've ever owned came from Land's End, and they go on sale like once a year to a super affordable price. They are by far the thickest and longest lasting towels. They still look good after multiple washings and use over the last 3 years.

I also like kohl's for sheets. Honestly, I'm the kind of person who would rather get a decent (though not GREAT) bed sheet for a really good price and replace it more often. Even the expensive ones get old quickly. Either they start to look ragged, or they simply lose style to me.

So I'll go with slightly cheaper, use it till it dies, then replace, over trying to hold on to something I don't like longer because I paid a lot for it.