Best Place To Get Flowers For Cheap

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by dashboardc33 • Apr 22, 2015.

1. dashboardc33

dashboardc33Active Member

Threads:
    Where is the best place to get flowers for cheap that look decent? I have always wanted to get my mom flowers for Mothers Day and I often times get coupon codes for various sites, but they all still seem pretty pricey after shipping. What are some companies you have used and will use again? Do they send out coupon codes regularly? Thanks in advance!

2. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    Check on Amazon. It's been a long time since I've done it, but I have found flowers on Amazon for very reasonable prices. Not all of them are affordable, of course; but there are (or were) some on there that were very reasonable. And they were nice! I mean I was a little skeptical at first, but the times I had flowers delivered ordering through Amazon the arrangements were really nice and they lasted well so I'm sure they were fresh.

3. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My area has plants sales often. I get alot of plants by asking for cuttings from plants that I like. Some people do not have a problem with letting you get a cutting that you can go home and root. Some people that are planning to replant may even give you the plants they no longer want even though the plants are good.

4. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    If shipping isn’t a factor, you might want to check out farmer’s markets. And even if you do have to ship, there may be some vendors who would be willing to help you out.

I wouldn’t have thought of Amazon, but they’re so good about things in general that I think it’s probably a great option as well.

5. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    If you aren't shipping flowers, check your local grocery stores. I have found that the flowers my husband gets me when he just grabs a bouquet at the store last so much longer than when he pays big bucks to have some delivered from one of the well-reputable delivery services. A lot of the grocery stores have a dedicated floral department so you could even order a specific arrangement.

6. hellavu

hellavuActive Member

Threads:
    Err, I'm always pretty broke, so I just give my mom side-of-the-road flowers. Or origami flowers. She appreciates it just the same! Except for dandelions, they bring out her allergies... X)

7. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    This is not a joke & perhaps a tad morbid but it's true: Funeral Home trash. Loaded with brand new flowers rarely older than a day most days of the year. If you feel too strange about taking them from the trash I'm quite sure they'd rather sell them to you. I did this a while back when I needed an abundance of flowers on a regular basis for a friend running a business. Worked out great.

8. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I like the flowers at Costco, my husband gave me a beautiful bouquet of a dozen purple roses and I think they were under $15 dollars.

9. Juno

JunoActive Member

Threads:
    If you are going to deliver the flowers yourself, besides going to wholesale flower marts, I like Costco and Trader Joes for decent prices and nice quality. If you are looking for a delivery service then I recommend going to the shop and picking out the flowers yourself and requesting for them to be delivered. I have had the experience of getting poor quality and practically dead flower delivered when you pick something out online.

10. SLTE

SLTEActive Member

Threads:
    I find roadside flower vendors to offer the best deals on flowers most of the time, and occasionally a flower store a few blocks from my house has reasonable prices. I try to avoid ordering online, 'cause I find that websites gouge on their prices - delivery costs are brutal - and then often don't even deliver what you purchased. My wife purchased a big bunch of sunflowers for her mom a few weeks ago from a website, and when they arrived maybe half of them were sunflowers. The site also tacked on a bunch of additional costs after my wife had already made the purchase without offering confirmation, which I found just the slightest bit shady.

11. Kylrey

KylreyActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer to buy flowers online recently i bought on

and will suggest to try for once.

12. martha_345

martha_345New Member

Threads:
    Hi, I normally order flowers online from Flowers Canada for my mom.
    I have ordered fresh flowers on two separate occasions . Both times, they arrived early morning. Customer service is excellent – they call you to confirm your order and see if you have any specific questions about the type of flower you ordered, give you tips on care, etc. Overall, great – I would use them again. They often have coupons/discounts too.

#12Oct 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2015
  13. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I like to get mine from Vons (also Safeway in other areas). They have a florist section in their market and you can get some really nice ones on clearance. I also like to buy them at Home Depot, but my last two purchases died on me fairly quickly.

14. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    I agree, going to a farmers market is probably your best bet. The online sits offer a large selection but even with a coupon code they can run about $60.
    I sometimes will go to the local grocery store too. They have a pretty decent selection and will combine different bouquets for you if you want.

15. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I often find that buying from smaller florists is the best thing to do, in the local area. For example, I always buy from my local shop and the lady who makes the bouquets grows the flowers in her own garden, and because of this they don't cost her very much at all to produce. So, she will then pass this saving onto me, and I won't have to pay even half as much as I usually do for flowers, which is great.