Best Place to Purchase Cheap Cosmetics

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by True2marie • Dec 4, 2013.

1. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    I am a firm believer in NOT paying a lot of money for cosmetics. Besides the fact that they expire, often before you completely use them up, some cheap brands work just as well as designer brands.

My favorite spot to get cheap cosmetics is Walgreen's. This drug store usually has a lot of sales and they also offer a wide range of products.

2. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    Drug stores are the best place to buy super affordable cosmetics. You don't need to buy the expensive ones anyway when you can really only keep some of them for about half a year even when you're not using them much because that's how usually the span of makeups last. So it's only practical really to buy the not so pricey ones.

3. charahome

charahomeMember

Threads:
    I thought i was the only one. My daughters and I have purchased our makeup from Walgreens ever since I can remember. We wait for their Buy one get one Half off. Also for their rewards discounts. They have enough variety to please our tastes. I was tired of Department Stores prices. Tried it and figured I was wasting money on a name brand, not on quality.

4. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:

I get my cosmetics from avon not only are they cheap but they work great. I had tried a maybeline eye liner that was like 10 bucks it was suppose to be really good and not give you raccon eyes you know no smudge and water proof well I was very disappointed with it cause it did smudge and quite easy at that. So I started using avon got an eye liner from them and works a lot better it goes on very easy no need to go over it more than once unless you want it darker and it doesn't smudge.

5. charahome

charahomeMember

Threads:
    Yes, I had a lady that sold Avon. I was hooked. They have sales every two weeks, and if you plan it right, the items you need will be on sale, just when you need them again.

I have not had anyone by me that sells it, so it is a drag at this time. I do like the quality of their products.

6. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    Weirdly, I'm cheap about a lot of things, but cosmetics is one thing that I find I notice a HUGE difference (immediately) in quality between drug store brands and department store brands.

Drug store brand make-up often makes me break out, cheap mascara makes my eyes itch, and I've truly never been happy with any cosmetic brand that offers coupons in the Sunday paper.

Instead, I just wait for good deals (gift with purchase and sales) on Lancome, Clinique, and Este Lauder. I have TONS of makeup that I didn't have to pay for because it was free as a gift with the purchase of something $10. That's a no brainer to me.

Seriously, I'm cheap about a lot of things, but I guess I'm a little snobby about my beauty products.

7. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Walgreens always has great offers, Target as well. Somewhere else I always find some stuff on sale too is Ross discount stores. However it's not always and not in every store. But sometimes they have a lot of stuff from Revlon and Physician's Formula for really cheap prices

8. PSLoveCharli

PSLoveCharliActive Member

Threads:
    I've always had success with Amazon because of the deals that the independent shops offer. But around this time (holiday season), you can probably find some really GOOD deals. Also, I know that this is a stretch, but google some UK cosmetic vendors. Their prices tend to be cheaper than US prices --- but the con is that the shipping will take forever. So you have to order early in enough time that you need the item. Good luck!

9. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    There are always a lot of coupons in the Sunday paper for cosmetics. You can use them at the local drug store. I know that my cousin uses the CVS rewards coupons as well as manufactures coupons to get a great deal.
    Also, if you shop at Bed Bath and Beyond or Harmon you can use 20% off as well as manufactures coupon. A lot of times Harmon runs specials on certain products. It's best to do a little research before you get to the store.

10. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think you need to pay a lot of money to get good makeup. A lot of the time, it all depends on what looks good on your face anyway. I know that I pay just a few dollars from Amazon for the foundation that I use, and it works much better than the more expensive things that I have used in the past, so I am happy about that really.