Best Place To Sell (slightly) Used Aquariums?

Discussion in Online Shopping started by Natasha0717 • Feb 22, 2017.

1. Natasha0717

Natasha0717Active Member

Threads:
    I have two, a 40-gallon and a 35-gallon. Both with stands and tops. I hate to mess with Craigslist, I'm sorry but sometimes the people on there can be a bit creepy. I was thinking about eBay, but what about the shipping costs and the risk of the glass getting cracked in transit? I'm just not sure where to sell them. They're in great condition, but I have no use for them anymore. I'm looking to buy a larger one anyway because my fish have gotten so big....and the money I could earn from selling these two aquariums would really help..

Any thoughts? Do pet stores have any interest in them? I've never bothered to ask...afraid they might laugh or something...:D

2. ADSSOLSN

ADSSOLSNMember

Threads:
    your fear will keep you from progressing @Natasha@Natasha, aquariums are exported all the time, people transport them via air, sea, road all the time.
    all you need is some packaging knowledge which you can get on YouTube.
    otherwise, I feel you can sell both of them on EBay or Amazon.

3. kingcool52

kingcool52Active Member

Threads:
    You can still sell it on eBay but have it so that the buyer comes along to collect the item. If you're worried about creeps coming along then you could maybe meet someone public like a restaurant where you can then give the aquarium to the buyer. Of course you will still have to take it with you which may require some careful driving. Contact some local pet stores, maybe they will be interested in buying from you especially considering it has only been used slightly.