Best Places To Sale College Books At A High Price?

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by NinetyEighty1 • Dec 20, 2017.

1. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    I know this may seem really shady or messed up to some but what are some good places to sale college books at a high price even when used. I spend usually hundreds of dollars on them either at the book store or online and want to try and get the same amount back instead of half what I paid for. That way I can already have the money to either buy books for the future or invest in the money in something else.

2. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    The best places appear to be Craigslist, Facebook, and a bunch of lesser-known selling websites like BuyBackBooks.com. Note, when I say lesser known, it's because most people are using Amazon, Barnes, and Noble, eBay etc.. However, though, the market saturation makes these places less desirable.

3. Eryn

ErynNew Member

Threads:
    I wish you luck with receiving an amount equal to what you paid but I do not think it is likely you will accomplish this. Ebay and Amazon are both good platforms to sell or buy books of any sort and college textbooks sell quite well on both platforms. A website called Bookscouter.com is extremely helpful in finding the most profitable market for your books. Simply enter the required information for each book and the site will provide you with the different prices offered on a variety of platforms. There are many reasons you are probably not going to get a very high price. Many college students have caught on to the trend of purchasing previous editions of required textbooks. I did this myself and I paid less than a hundred dollars per semester on textbooks, as opposed to nearly a thousand if I had purchased new. The older editions are almost identical to newer editions in most cases. You also need to consider how many other students are trying to sell textbooks and realize your own textbooks will become older editions in a very short time, depending on when the editions were published. How you choose to price and sell your textbooks is entirely your choice, however, I recommend selling quickly. If you hold on to the textbooks hoping for someone to meet your price there is a possibility you will never sell them as they will no longer be in demand. I certainly do not support piracy but it is another concern when pricing your textbooks. Many students have discovered textbook piracy, although it is illegal and is not advisable.

4. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    I think the Ebay and the Craiglist are two good places where you can sell your ebooks and the books. You can see that a lot of people are in demand for the college books. You can see that some of the time it can add up in terms of the earning. I have found out that some college books some of the times can make some little profit. But don't expect huge margins.

5. janemariesayed

janemariesayedActive Member

Threads:
    You will never get the full price back that you paid because they are now second hand. A good idea may be to put an ad in your college/uni and hope that a new student will buy the lot at a discounted price. They would probably be happy to buy them just for the fact that they will be cheaper than new.

6. Barida

BaridaActive Member

Threads:
    You would have to go to eBay and see how you cab promote selling your books on that space for I've seen people make money by doing so on a daily basis. One more thing that you need to know is that it is going to be difficult to break even at the beginning, but not giving up is the way to go about it.