Best product for oily skin.

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by daimashin • Jan 11, 2014.

1. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    Anyone can recommend me a facial wash that is effective for oily skin. My face releases a lot of face oil and it make my face shiny. What product should I get for oil control so I don't have to stock up on facial tissue anymore?

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think you should just look at the label if it specifically says that it's for oily skin, but since you're asking for suggestions, then I would say go for Cetaphil, it's suitable for all skin types, and you can use it even without water.

3. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    Neutrogena offers quality skincare products for oily skin. You can get them at your local drug store or at a department store in the mall. I have used them on and off for years. No complaints.

Also, a way to control oil throughout the day is through the use of milk of magnesia. You can apply this product to your face with a cotton ball and it'll reduce oil production. Be sure to blend well since milk of magnesia tends to leave a light coating on skin.

4. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would go with a mild face wash. I have always had very oily skin growing up, and from experience if you use too many products for oily ad acne skin, it strips your natural oils and makes your skin produce even more - which makes it oilier.
    My go to products to clean my skin and keep oil away is the Kiehls Gentle Foaming Non-Detergent washable cleanser. This is a bit more expensive than a drugstore product, but it's hypoallergenic, fragance free, very thick (you only need a couple drops for your whole face), and is a very big bottle. It lasts such a long time!!
    I also recommend the Clinique mild cleanser. But if you are on a budget, Olay makes amazing skin products!

5. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    I'll be honest. I've tried almost everything on the market, from expensive to cheap. The best face wash I've found happens to be pure Shea butter. Who knew. It is mild and it isn't drying, but it is totally effective and safe for all types of skin. My husband has super sensitive skin. I tend to have oily skin. We've never been able to share soap until now. I have it in the shower but I also use it as my daily face wash and I love it.

6. MelissaEwan9

MelissaEwan9New Member

Threads:
    Use any anti-septic face wash like clean & clear etc. Its very useful for oily skins.