Best purchased Antivirus Software?

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by izzypopa • Jul 6, 2012.

1. izzypopa

izzypopaNew Member

Threads:
    What PURCHASED Antivirus do you think is the best? I'm not talking about those free simple ones that you can grab off of the internet from anywhere
    I'm talking about software like Norton and Avast, the paid versions, which one has served you best?
    I am still using the default Windows Antivirus.

2. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I use Nod 32 and it works great. I've tried Norton and it works, but it takes up a lot of space on the hard drive. Nod 32 is smaller and it stops all viruses, so I would highly recommend it for anyone who wants a change from Norton.

3. KNH

KNHActive Member

Threads:
    Just curious, why do you want a paid one?
    Norton seems to stay at the top of the ratings most of the time.

4. bryce12

bryce12Active Member

Threads:
    I also want to know why you want to go for a paid antivirus when there are some good free ones available. I can recommend Avast or AVG if you want to try a free anitivrus software. If you still want to buy one, I highly recommend Kapersky. It has a great track record for removing viruses and it doesn't hog the system resources like Norton antivirus does.

5. rattanchauhan

rattanchauhanNew Member

Threads:
    Well if you ask me the best free antivirus, it would be no doubt Avast. It offers so much for free.

But if the best paid antivirus that i have tried so far is Kaspersky . Unlike norton it doesn't take up much of the system resources or hang up your system.
    It offers a lot of over the top features that you would like to spend your money for. The only concern with Kaspersky that I had was, it slowed down when updating the database. But apart from that it works smoothly and keeps your system away from viruses for sure.

6. Bloomatic

BloomaticActive Member

Threads:
    My favorite is the Nod32 antivirus. It consumes no resources, no other I've tried like Norton or Panda, because if they are good and all, but the computer resource-intensive, and if your machine is not very powerful in the long run and it shows that was just slowing down too much at times. It is very easy to install and configure, is very effective and completely upgradeable, always leaving a new virus base the program tells you to update (even if you can activate the option not to notice that updates automatically and without saying anything) .

As in almost all antivirus, has many options, but still, it is very easy to handle. You can do periodic scans, you can tell when it finds a virus I asked what action to take (Delete the file, rename, disinfect, please ignore ...) or you can tell it to automatically delete without saying anything ... So I'll take the NOD32 protects you completely from all viruses have or might have and is very easy to use and hardly notice it is running on the system.

7. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I've had the paid version of MacAfee for several years, but recently it allowed a bad virus into my system, which prevented me from logging on to the internet. A friend who is a whizz with computers told me that the best system to run was the free version of Avast. He's used it for years, and has never had a problem. In conjunction with Avast, he runs another free programme called Malwarebytes once a week. This identifies and removes any malicious programmes such as spyware or trojans. Most of the antivirus programmes just quarantine them, but Malwarebytes removes them. Donload it

8. Meow

MeowMember

Threads:
    Paid AVs are not by definition better than free ones. In fact Norton is a great example of just the opposite (I'd be willing to bet their ratings are paid for, considering I've never seen a personal review of them that was positive).

As others have said, AVG/Avast are great for free protection and do have paid upgrades if you really feel the need to throw your money at something.

Kaspersky is also pretty much at the top of the pool when it comes to AVs.

9. ssamcd

ssamcdMember

Threads:
    As Sandra mentioned in her post I also use Avast and I also have Malware bytes that I run a full virus scan from both once a week. I see not difference in the free virus software that from when I use to pay for virus software and they would only last a year and you would have to renew them. I have had my whole operating system wiped out because of viruses. I am not sure the paid version is any better. I had the Norton paid version for about 4 or 5 years. Honestly I am more happy now with the free version. I also have the free version of CC Cleaner. It all seems to keep my computer running.

10. iNg

iNgMember

Threads:
    Microsoft Security Essentials otherwise go with Kaspersky Internet Security.. You might even be able to track down an OEM edition for around $25 per year.
    I've used almost all free options and MSE seems to be the fastest and least intrusive

11. donaldplozha

donaldplozhaMember

Threads:
    I have one short advice for you: download and install avast! free Antivirus and you will not need another antivirus. They offer a paid version as well, but unless you're someone who buys, sells and pays bills over the internet, you will not need it.

12. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    I have only purchased Pro Version of Avira antivirus and I was not impressed really. I think that the advantage of having a pro version than the free version is not that significant. Basically what we need is some security that could detect harmful viruses and I think that free antivirus could do that job easily.

13. Jatelo2

Jatelo2Active Member

Threads:
    As someone who has tried almost all frree editions of the popular commercial Antivirus, I would say Avira Antivir is the best free edition while ESET Smart Security Version 5 woulb the the best choice for a Commercial antivirus. ESET More about the Virus at:

14. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    The last time I purchased antivirus it was McAfee. I'm suprised Norton is still around to be honest, that program had a reputation of hogging up your computers resources - its pretty much as bad as having an actual virus on your computer. McAfee used to be leaner and not tie up your computer so much, but even it became bloated. I've got AVG Free now, but I doubt I will buy the full version. I don't like how it now adds all these extensions to your browsers and hijacks your home page to an AVG page. It has some other feature where it pre-visits all the links on a page while you're surfing, which I don't like because that's just slowing down my internet connection unnecessarily. I really prefer an antivirus that just sits quietly in the background - they're putting to many extra features in these that I really don't want or need.

15. Zaturo

ZaturoMember

Threads:
    I have bitdefender 2012, but it's a bit outdated now. I usually go for ESET Nod 32 or Kaspersky, both are great anti-virus softwares.

16. Trandafin

TrandafinNew Member

Threads:
    Best antivirus software that I have is Avast. Always has done its job and does not use any more resources both as to process your orders more difficult!

17. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    Personally, the best paid antivirus software I own is Norton. I have never had any issue using Norton. However, they are a number of great free antivirus software that works just as well.

18. Mycoldshower

MycoldshowerNew Member

Threads:
    Are you really looking for paid antivirus software? I personally think that Microsoft security essentials is one of the best software's (if you are of course a Windows user). it's very basic software, but it gets the job done. also, because it is from Microsoft, they really know what they are doing. If you built the entire OS, I would guess you know all the back routes any virus can slip through. And even if it isn't perfect, so what? It's free for everybody.

19. SoftDev

SoftDevNew Member

Threads:
    I recently bough AVG Internet Security as a reason because i was a happy user of AVG free edition from the last few years.

#19Sep 27, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
  20. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use the free version of AVG, and I'm actually quite content with it's service and features. How come you're not content with free anti-virus programs? Are there some viruses that slipped and infected your pc that's why you're looking for a paid version?