Best Saving Plans

Discussion in Savings & Investments Plans started by brightmind • Jan 30, 2017.

1. brightmind

brightmindNew Member

Threads:
    I need to know your advice. My husband is retiring soon and we are a bit worried about how to handle our money after retirement. What do you think is the best savings plan that we can get? Do you think a retirement plan will suffice our needs? What's the best investment for us?

2. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    Your saving plan and post-retirement financial schemes should be according to your cost of living. If your husband gets a monthly pension after retirement, the worries lessen by halve. However, if that is not the case then an amount should be kept in such a way that it generates a monthly amount which would be adequate to sustain.
    Needless to say, you need a pool for medical purposes as well.

3. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I am not sure which part of the world you are from or what is the rate of interest on your fixed deposit schemes but as far I am concerned I would consider FDR (Fixed Deposit Scheme) with no risk as the best scheme with monthly or quarterly return of interest.

4. brightmind

brightmindNew Member

Threads:
    Thanks for your replies. FDR has been discussed with me recently and I thought that it is a good point to start. No hassle, No pressure, that is what I mean. I am not so sure if this retirement planning scheme is the same though. Would there be any much difference between commercial banks and private financial company in terms of retirement planning?

#4Feb 1, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2017
  5. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    If your husband is getting a pension then you can try to put in Fixed Deposit Schemes which is good as the period ends you will receive a lump amount of money which will be helpful for you to meet all your needs. I don't have much knowledge about the retirement plans but will surely check and tell you. :)