Best sites for making money online?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by xcmiller93x • Apr 24, 2012.

1. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the tip, @Noreht :) I think one of the first mistakes I made was not fully completely filling the profile form. It was very long and felt to me like it was 'work work', if you know what I mean LOL At the time, I just needed to put space between me and conventional work, and needed to take a step back.

But it's been a while, and I think sufficient time has passed, so I think I'll re-visit the freelance sites and see what they're all about. I remember I still have an account with UpWork and they keep sending me emails to complete my profile. So I may try your method and see how I get on :) Which one are you with at the moment?

2. Noreht

NorehtMember

Threads:
    Only a pleasure @Lushlala@Lushlala I am also a member op UpWork, but the pay is usually not very good. This has casued me to move away from them for almost a year now. I generally focus on iWriter,(

) and People Per Hour(

) they both pay very well and consistently. I have also recently started doing software testing for uTest. They also pay very well.

3. Lushlala

Threads:
    Thanks again, mate @Noreht@Noreht :) I'm actually surprised that you write for iWriter and love it there! There are so many negative reviews about the site, I set up an account and never went back. I was also concerned to hear that there's a very high level of rejections from the clients. I didn't quite fancy writing material only to be told it doesn't measure up LOL But if it works for you, that's great. I actually write on BlogJob and love it because there are no rigid rules :)

I know about PeoplePerHour, but have never given it a shot, I work at Fiverr instead and that's very up and down. But when it's good, it's fantastic :) I also work on ChatAbout, which admittedly is not to everyone's liking. I personally LOVE it.

4. rubymusic1

rubymusic1New Member

Threads:
    I make roughly $5-$10 a day depending on how hard I work. I currently use

, Postloop and Gifthulk :)

#84Apr 27, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2016
  5. Jannatul Ferdous

Jannatul FerdousMember

Threads:
    You are most welcome and wishing you luck :)

6. Lushlala

Threads:
    Thanks so much @Jannatul Ferdous@Jannatul Ferdous.....I really appreciate it :) I have yet to do it because I'm in between internet providers, as my current one is not really up to scratch and the connection can go down without a moment's notice.....grr! But I'm guessing I should be all set up for a month's trial with another internet provider. It can be such a nightmare here, and I just want to be sure I have a good provider before I get started :)

7. kaileebee93

kaileebee93New Member

Threads:
    There aren't much ways online to make an actual good amount of money, unless you actually get accepted for something like a customer rep for amazon/apple or something along the lines as a virtual assistant. But, those either cost to apply/startup, or are really hard to get accepted into a lot of the times. Starting a blog can be extremely lucrative though if you do it right and put real effort into it! Or maybe starting an Etsy shop. I've tried a lot of those so-called 'side hustles' to try and supplement my income and a lot of them are bull crap unless you spend your entire day online (and a lot of the times, that's not really even worth it). Good luck!

8. thapa022

thapa022New Member

Threads:
    I mainly use mturk and postloops. I hope to earn somewhere around 7-10 $ a day. I tried slicethepie, but apparently my reviews are too generic? I dont get that, I have seen a lot of people with the same problem. Dont know what the problem is with that site. Other than that, i think for clickworker UHRS is really good too. I have not tried it too much myself, but a lot of people actually make a decent amount of money from it.

9. Lushlala

Threads:
    @thapa022@thapa022....do you mean $7-10 a day from both sites? Because I don't know about MTurk, but a lot of people on PostLoop have said they make say $5-10 every 2-3 days. A lot of people seem to think you can easily make $5 or more a day on PostLoop, but it's not as easy as some people make out, apparently :( Well, unless you're cheating, I guess. Then if you get found out, you're out on your ear.

10. ThesePretzels

ThesePretzelsMember

Threads:
    Swagbucks by far, I'm able to make at least a dollar a day. It's not very much but it adds up, and it's predominantly passive. Once in a while I'll do some surveys and I've gotten to ten dollars in a day a couple times, but I like it because my experience so far has been smooth sailing compared to other sites.

11. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I have no such luck for online jobs, i only know of one forum posting site, and that's the only thing that gives me online income. There are a lot of online jobs claiming to be legit but turns out they are scam. You can try outsourcing sites like Odesk, that one is legit.

12. Lushlala

Threads:
    @obliviousme@obliviousme....the problem with paid forum posting is that there aren't many legitimate ones out there. If there were, I'd be looking to work on most of them because that's the sort of online work I enjoy. Otherwise for more legitimate online sites, I mainly rely on discussion forums I'm a member of, where members swap ideas on different types of sites they work on. What I like about that is that people share their personal experiences, good or bad, which helps me avoid all the scams. When I stumble across sites that interest me, I run them by my online friends, because there's always someone who knows something.

13. Krnasmommy

KrnasmommyNew Member

Threads:
    I'm a stay at home mom and where I live daycare is outrageous so I use Postloop to make a little extra money. I would to find some other ways to make some extra money online. I read a few comments and I'm definitely going to try out some of the suggestions.

14. Lushlala

Threads:
    @

...Seeing as you have a bit of time on your hands, you could also look at joining some freelance site like Freelancer and UpWork. I hear they pay a lot better and there you're bound to get more regular work, and if you're lucky, maybe even some repeat business. Sometimes I wish I didn't work offline because I'd make a proper go of it. I've registered with UpWork, but can never find the time to scour the job list and actually commit to competing for jobs :(

At least after all this time, I've finally drummed up the energy and enthusiasm to complete my profile. I'm now attempting a few tests because completing your profile and taking a few tests stands you in very good stead, especially if like me you don't have a portfolio to fall back on. Good luck in your search :)

15. Krnasmommy

KrnasmommyNew Member

Threads:
    Oh thanks! I'll definitely look it up and try it out. Hopefully I'll have luck in finding something haha. Then maybe I won't feel like I'm stuck just sitting around my house. I'll actually have something to do plus a little bit of income. Thank you so much!

16. tgthewriter1

tgthewriter1New Member

Threads:
    The best website is grabpoints. This website works for mobile phones. This is the best website as far as I know. They pay you to watch videos.

17. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I write at hubpages.com and some who have like 25 articles say they make money weekly. I don't know for I got under 10 articles and just don't have the time any more for hubpages.com. Hubpages.com has amazon ads to make money also. I also have survey taking money, slow but they do pay and this one surveyspot.com pays via paypal, quickly too! Inboxdollars.com is another survey site with games, but you pay to play, also payout with a check mailed to you.

18. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    A lot of sites about making-money online had been suggested here. I have not gone or joined those sites mentioned. So far the best site ever I have joined is TFW. There are lots of sites you could join there and be paid for every post written and uploaded. Commenting and reacting could also be one of the ways to get paid. I am talking about

. Click it to find it and try your luck.

19. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    I do Postloop, ForumCoin, Prolific Academic, Humanatic and Neobux but I couldn't say I make a specific amount each week. It's just a hobby that I really enjoy. Most people have hobbies that cost them money but mine brings in money.

20. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    I use TFW and Freelancing platforms in making money online. Haven't heard of Sharemagnet so I'll have to check that out. I've been with Humanatic but wasn't that active anymore due to zero number of calls that needs to be reviewed. If you're looking for ways on how to earn a huge amount of money online, you might want to learn SEO and create your own website, monetizing and affiliate marketing :)