Best Sites for Saving Money on Movies, Games, Books, Electronics, etc....

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by silentrascal • Jul 1, 2014.

1. silentrascal

silentrascalNew Member

Threads:
    What do you find to be the best sites for saving money on things such as movies, games, books, electronics, software, and so forth? These days you really have to be Thrifty in order to find the best deals. One such site I've found that is a great place to compare prices on certain things (whether in new or used condition) is a site called

. It's usually the first place I turn to after I have something in mind that I'm thinking of purchasing. Just go there, click on the appropriate category, enter your search term and it will pull up a long list of places online that sell the item and their current price. For instance, it will search through eBay, Amazon and a number of places. But again, caution has to be exercised because on occasion the price they come back with has actually already been changed on that site; sometimes it could be a bit higher, sometimes lower.

The second site I still use quite often is Ebay. If you're careful and willing to sift through the postings, you can still come away with some great deals (that either include free shipping or low-enough shipping). Sometimes it's just easier to do the "buy it now" item than sit for days waiting for an auction to end. On the other hand, sometimes being the only bid (or one of a very few) on an item makes waiting out the auction worthwhile. It really all depends on how much you want that deal and what you're willing to settle for.

I've found that places like Pricegrabber, BizRate, and so forth that also do price comparisons are about 50/50 when it comes to showing the absolute current prices on things from online sources. They can be spot on, or way off.