Best Smartphone

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by Nero-Bianco • Jun 13, 2016.

1. Nero-Bianco

Nero-BiancoMember

Threads:
    What do you think is the best smartphone currently on the market? I'm looking to change my handset in a few months and would really appreciate recommendations. I currently have an iPhone 5S and do love Apple, but will happily consider android too!

2. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    Here's a list of the best smartphones this 2016:
    • Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. It has a 5.5 inch display with a quad HD resolution. Its design is undeniably classy and elegant as compared to other phones. The best feature is its camera, which is the clearest and takes the most crisp pictures out of all the smartphones out there.
    • iPhone 6s. The main difference between this phone and other iPhones is that it features 3D touch which allows you to sneak into an app before opening it. It has a 12 mp rear camera and a 4k video capture. Its front camera also has flash now.
    • HTC 10. There's a 5.2 inch display with 4 GB of RAM. It also has a 12 mp camera and its front one has an autofocus feature.
    • Nexus 6P. It has a 5.5 inch display and you won't be disappointed with the resolution of its images. They're extremely clear and high with vibrant colours as well.
    • Motorola Moto X Play. Its main feature is the long-lasting battery which users have had praises for. That's mostly it, it has main features with basic requirements like a mediocre camera and design. But if your main need is long battery life, then go for this phone.
    I hope this helps!

3. cluckeyo

cluckeyoActive Member

Threads:
    I have an LG Ultimate 2 L41C. I like it very well. It's a nice size and does all the amazing things that a smart phone is famous for. It is actually my first smart phone and I am enjoying learning all the apps. Smart phones are amazing!

4. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In my opinion, the best smartphone out right now is a budget smartphone, the Hauwei P8 Lite. I say that because I have this phone, which does everything that the much more expensive phones do, yet it is nowhere near those ridiculous prices. Most people around me who have those expensive Samsungs and Iphone's , cannot believe the things my phone does since it was only £100.

5. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    IMHO there never is such a thing as "the best." It's all subjective. There are some who say Samsung phones are the best. Others will assert iPhones are the best but of all the high end phones it can be really hard to choose the best.

That said, I've never had issues with Samsung products which is why I'd say the Samsung Galaxy S7 is probably one of the best Smartphones you could buy today.

6. DiscountDreams

DiscountDreamsActive Member

Threads:
    The best smartphones will be out in about 6 months. And then the best smartphones will be out in 1.5 years. Etc :( The best smartphone is always a few months away these days it seems.

7. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I feel so silly saying this, but to me it's the iPhone. I have had Samsung, Nokia, Motorola and iPhone. Ever since I got my first iPhone, I don't want to change.
    An executive that works with me has both the iPhone 6s Plus and the Samsung Edge, both top of the line phones from leading brands. He says that Samsung does indeed have A better phone overall, but it gets totally ruined by the operating system. iOS is far superior to android. It is far more simple to work with, Way faster and way more intuitive. You can do a lot more with a lot less. To me, have an easier, faster phone is better.

8. DreekLass

Threads:
    But seriously, what is it that these phones that are due to come out in six month or so going to have to offer that the current smartphones don't? Any more features added , and I feel like smartphones are going to become very invasive. Not that they aren't already, and everybody seems to just be following along for the chance to have the latest phone as a status symbol.

9. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    It really depends on who you ask. I am a diehard Samsung Galaxy fan, but if you ask an iPhone user, they will probably say Apple is the best. You really have to do the research and see what features each phone has with what you need. I personally do not like how small the screens are on most iPhones, but you give up Siri if you don't have one.

10. DreekLass

Threads:
    I don't understand why people from the Iphone camp, and those from the Samsung camp are always at war. it is kind of petty, especially when we have more pressing matters going on in the world lol. Human beings are so tribal though, always needing to belong. My sister has a Samsung Edge, and I am not all that impressed with it. The battery doesn't seem to be very good.

11. Dame6089

Dame6089Active Member

Threads:
    It is honestly personal preference. I am a fan of iphones because I think they are easy to use. Still, a lot of people prefer the customization aspect of Android phones, which I can appreciate. I just don't have the desire to do that or the skills to be perfectly honest. Phones are so good now that you will be fine with whatever you buy.

12. filmjunkie08

filmjunkie08Active Member

Threads:
    There are SO many phones to choose from. I, too, have often wondered if there was one phone that was better than all the rest. But from what I am reading in the posts, it boils down to personal preference. Simply, which phone has the features you would use the most.

13. DreekLass

Threads:
    There are a tone of phones to choose from. It's like we are spoiled for choice almost. But they have at least simplified things by giving us these operating systems, and that makes it so that whatever phone you do have, most of the time you can get that model with an android operating system, which makes the way that different models operate similar. So then you have to make choices based on the look, feel, etc... of the phone instead.

14. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I believe the best smartphone depends on how you are going to use it. My nephew has the Samsung 7, but he only uses it for texting, music and videos. I think it's crazy to spend that kind of money for a phone if you're not going to use fully.

I currently have a budget smartphone, but they are limiting for me. I need much more internal storage. So, I am going to have to move up to a mid-range smartphone or a high end phone. I'm looking at some version of Google Nexus.

15. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I think iPhones will still come out as the best in this category if you don't consider the price but if you're looking for something similar with a bit lower price then I'd say most big brand phones at this price range will be a good enough purchase. There are also lots of China brand phones nowadays that are making their mark in the high powered but low priced phone market so check out brands like OnePlus if you want something powerful but at a reasonable cost, and the good part is that they are designed very well too.

16. bipin

bipinNew Member

Threads:
    I think Coolpad Note 3 is the best smart phone available in the market at the moment. The Price is Rs. 6499/- and it is available in Black and White color. The some of its features are 16 GB ROM, 13 MP rear camera, 5 MP front camera, 5.5 inch LED touchscreen and 3GB RAM.

17. Jannatul Ferdous

Jannatul FerdousMember

Threads:
    Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge is really good. Last week my cousin has bought it and its really cool! Strongly recommended.

18. hades_leae

hades_leaeActive Member

Threads:
    I would always recommend Android over apple simply because Android phones are not sold at a premium just because of the company name, they are sold at a premium because of the features which is why Android has been kicking Apples ass year after year. Iphone sales have dropped more than 30,000,000 million units easy, but I forgot which year that was.

You can do so much customization of your phone, and really make it personal with Android, there is nothing you can do with Apple. I'm not knocking the brand but they are a basic use brand.

They may come out with features that can be cool, but not for the prices, plus I want to see changes to their phones year after year. They decided to go back to the old Iphone design, complete failure.

19. bipin

bipinNew Member

Threads:
    One Plus 3 is the most powerful smart phone available in the market at the moment. The configuration includes 6 GB powerful DDR4 RAM, 16 MP primary camera, 8 MP front camera, 64 GB storage space, Dual-core 2.15 GHz Kryo and dual-core 1.6 GHz Kryo processor and Marshmallow operating system. Go for it.

20. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    If you are already using iPhone 5S, the only handset that you may love is iPhone 6. Andriod phone can never be compared to iPhone. Only hand sets that can be compared to iPhone are Sansung or Sony. I use Sony Xperia Z and it is a good handset. I hear Samsung Edge us also good hand set