Best Socks & Hosiery Types or Brands

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by DrRipley • Jul 31, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Does brand or type matter to you when you pick out socks or hosiery? I myself just buy socks from a reputable enough brand but I honestly don't go for the expensive ones since I usually end up losing a few and I don't regret it as much when it's cheap. Also, the average brands tend to last long enough for me to be satisfied with the amount of use I get out of them, as I usually throw them away once I feel them start to become ineffective in keeping my feet fresh and dry. As for hosiery, my friend is picky when it comes to brands but like me, she doesn't go for expensive ones and instead just goes for the average since according to her, most of the expensive brands she has purchased such as Hue tend to be a bit stiff and not light or delicate so it doesn't feel as comfortable as some of the less expensive local brands that look just as good.

Which brands do you guys usually go for when it comes to socks and hosiery? Are there any brands or types you would recommend to others?

2. tangela

tangelaActive Member

Threads:
    I never realize how expensive socks are until I started buying them for myself haha. The best brand that I've come across though is the Goldtoes brand. The fabric is so breathable and soft, but it's snug around your feet so it doesn't feel like it slips off. But of course, that brand is pretty expensive and doesn't go on sale very often.

The second best would probably be the KB socks that I get at Costco. It's cheaper for sure but the fabric can be way too thin and makes you feel like it's going to slip off any second (or it may make you feel like you're about to slip any minute).