Best Software For Writers?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by Denis Hard • Oct 30, 2013.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always wanted to write when I retired and as that time is fast approaching I'd like to go shopping for the best writer's software. I'm after something versatile that can handle multiple genres [scripts, novels, etc] but which has to be friendly to my wallet.

Suggestions please?

2. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not sure what exactly you are looking for.

As a writer myself, I pretty much just use Microsoft Word. I find that templates and pre-set formats make it more difficult for me to just be original.

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    WORD can't format scripts properly. I tried out some template. Sure it the piece may appear like it's formatted properly but in reality it isn't. I'm looking for software like Celtx [though not necessarily free] which I can use to write scripts when I feel like it, write prose when I feel like it or write an article when I'm in the mood for that.

I don't know if such software exists but if it doesn't, I'll get Celtx for screenwriting and any other prose and find some other open source software that I can use for article writing.

Thanks anyway.