Best Steak Sauces

Discussion in Food & Drink started by lizzief79 • Nov 23, 2014.

1. lizzief79

lizzief79Active Member

Threads:
    When I go out, I order a pepper sauce with my steak. At home, I either make a pepper sauce or a blue cheese sauce. There are so many different options available when choosing suaces to go with steaks. What is your favorite sauce and do you make it yourself or buy it ready prepared? Are you someone who prefers steak without a sauce?

2. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    My absolute favorite is horseradish sauce. I just love it, it's so unique and strong but wonderful.

A completely different sauce I also really love is Harry and David's Oregon Trail Sauce. It is good for steal, pot roast, and can even be added to stews for extra flavor. I grew up with that sauce and it was something we loved so much we would drive all the way to the Harry and David store every so often to buy a whole bunch of jars. You can probably order it online now.

3. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like saucy steaks but it would be great if the amount of sauce is kept to a minimum, enough to cover a portion of the steak but not so much as to drench the entire steak in sauce. I love oyster and worcestershire sauces. They give more flavor and aroma to any kind of steak.

4. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    I absolutely must have some smoky flavor in my sauces. I find worcestershire sauce to be great, Hunt's barbeque sauce straight from the bottle is also alright.

5. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    It all depends on what type of steak and how it was cooked, in regards to my choice for steak sauce. For T-bone steaks, I like Tabasco with a tangy steak sauce on it, because it goes well overall with the other foods I eat with it. If I'm eating carne asada steaks, I like eating it more with some hot chili pepper salsa sauce of sorts. For sirloin steaks, I enjoy eating it with home-made chili pepper sauce mixed with cilantro, garlic, lemon/lime, and fish sauce.

6. lizzief79

lizzief79Active Member

Threads:
    It's interesting that you use a different sauce for all the different types of steak. To be honest, it never really occurs to me to try different sauces to suit the different flavours of the steak or the way in which they are served. I had a T-bone steak the other night for the first timein years. At one point, they were banned in the UK.

7. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    To be honest, if I am eating a nice enough piece of steak, there isn't any sauce going near it. I find many of the common sauces, particularly Worcestershire sauce, to be way too overpowering and processed tasting. It's fine if you are eating an inexpensive cut of steak like a top round or making something like a meat loaf. But it would be a shame to pour it or A1 or the like over a dry aged ribeye cooked to perfection. At the most, I would only put a compound butter over the steak to compliment it.

On occasion I don't mind a blue cheese sauce or a horseradish sauce - on the side - that I can dip the tips of my steak into, but I would never pour it all over it.