Best Store To Get Sales?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by danielle davidson • Jun 15, 2015.

1. danielle davidson

danielle davidsonActive Member

Threads:
    The best place that I have found has the best sales in H&M. We don't have one in Vermont so when I go, I usually go when I'm in CT. I just love the store because they have good prices. Normally, I shop at Hollister and Abercrombie and Fitch, and the prices are so high. Sometimes I am able to find a good deal, but I always find the best deals at H&M. I have gotten shirts there for $4, and leggings for $10. I think that's a great deal because I normally get my leggings from Victoria Secret, and that can also cost a good amount of money. So, what is the store that you get the best deals at?

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like outlet shopping and find they have the best deals. I do like Forever 21 as the prices are low even when they are not on sale and you can spend a long time browsing online too. I prefer Marshalls as they are always good for designer wear and the clearance is always a great place to look. It does depend on the area you are in, so it can be hit or miss.

As for Abercrombie, online is the best place to get deals, but you have to be quick.

3. FuelThePlane

FuelThePlaneNew Member

Threads:
    While I am a male I have found that the best clothing place to find sales on the lower price point side of things and cheap clothing in general that has decent style and solid fit is Target. More specifically the Merona brand consistently has sales going and is in general very affordable.

In the middle range stores like TJ Maxx and Marshalls are great for the department areas where you can find unsold clothing from large department stores that are being sold for a greatly discounted rate relative to their initial sale price. They don't always have what you're looking for, however when they do it's almost always a tremendous sale.

On the more expensive side of things stores such as J.Crew provide very good casual clothing at a very high cost. One thing that most people don't realize however is that their "factory" store, "J.Crew Factory" has similar if not the same clothes at greatly discounted prices with multiple sales going on, such as buying two shorts and get the third half off.

On the topic of where I personally would go to first as a 20 year old male would be: Merona brand at Target, Uniqlo and H&M.

4. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    Here in the United Kingdom I am always keeping an eye on stores like Primark and Matalan because when they are about to change the stock to the next season they will have a sale to try and get rid of as much of it as possible and I can easily save anything up to 70%. :)

If they sold stuff on their sites then they would surely make a lot more money.

5. danielle davidson

danielle davidsonActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I like being able to go outlet shopping too. I have been able to find some pretty good deals at them as well. Forever 21 is another good place that has good deals. I agree that the prices are low even without being on sale. I love going there too. We don't have one in the state that I live in, so when I go out of the state it's always great going to one. I also shop at Marshalls and have got some pretty good deals there. They also have some great prices on their clothes. I think that last summer I went to a Marshalls that was just shoes. It was awesome. They had a ton of shoes that were good but were also super cheap.

Yes, TJ Maxx and Marshalls are both great places to be able to find some clothes that are cheap. I shop there and I'm always able to find great deals. Those are some of my go-to places when I need to find something quick. Wow, I didn't know that about J. Crew factory. That is actually pretty cool. That would be awesome to be able to get their clothes, but for much cheaper.

I have never shopped at Target before. The reason being that we don't have one where I live. I have always wanted to be able to check out their clothes. I have been in one a couple times, and I've seen what they have. They look like they sell great clothes. The next time I go there I will have to check out their clothes and see what they have.

#5Jun 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2015
  6. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    J.Crew can still be expensive for what it is, but the clearance and outlets can be good, though not always a huge saving. I do like the flash sales as well as you can get them online as well as in store. A good place for shoes is Nordstrom rack as they do mark down each week. If you ever find one near you or pass by, it's worth a look in there. I've always found designer underwear there at really low prices.

7. Servace

ServaceActive Member

Threads:
    Aeropostale has great sales and I love their fashion. For guys, it is harder for me to find good clearance items, but at Aeropostale I am never displeased. Last week, I found a tank top for only $1.69 !

8. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I prefer outlet stores the most. This way I can get branded items at nearly second hand prices, and also this is why I almost never buy second hand items and goods because I know I could get brand new ones for roughly the same price. The only problem i usually encounter is that designs and choices aren't always that good but from time to time the selection is good and at those times I try as much as possible to buy as much as I can because I know the stocks will eventually run out.

9. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love Forever 21 for sales, they already have cheap clothing as is, but when they are on sale it’s even cheaper!

I also like stores like Charlotte Russe and H&M, they have good sales and nice varieties.

10. albreeden

albreedenMember

Threads:
    Whenever I'm looking for a bargain - I tend to buy online. Sites like Papaya and Forever21 usually have ridiculously cheap sales on trendy items. I can usually buy an entire wardrobe (with shoes) for around $200. I keep an eye out on Nordstrom Rack as well - for the clothing/shoes they sell are very well made and always worth the money. Plus, when things hit clearance at Nordstrom Rack it's usually dirt cheap.

11. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I like outlet shopping as well. I can find some great deals at an outlet and on the clearance rack. The only thing I don't like about outlet shopping is parking and having to walk with my bags of items from store to store. I did find some great boots at the Bass outlet for $35. I like Aeropostale as well. They have great sales. For online shopping I like Old Navy and the Gap. They have great sales too but I find the sizes go quick online so have to get to their websites right when the sales begin. In Canada Winners and Marshalls are great too for brand name clothes at discounted prices too.

12. prose

proseActive Member

Threads:
    I have noticed that H&M has great sales, however, the quality of clothing does not last very long. I prefer to shop at outlet stores such as the Old Navy outlet and New York & Company outlet.

I also like to shop the sales at department stores such as Target, JCPenney and Kohl's, because you can usually purchase items on sale plus use a coupon to save even more. I usually find coupons on Retail Me Not's website for these stores and others on my smartphone while I am out shopping, and usually I end up saving another 20% off the sale price with my coupons. I also receive email alerts for sales and coupons as they become available from these stores, because sometimes as an email or text message subscriber to these stores you will receive special coupons not available to everyone else.

13. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    Ugh, I hate Forever 21 sales in here because they keep saying sale but the items are just the same and the prices aren't even that low. It's like, almost every week they have a sale. I am not kidding! Lol, we stopped going to Forever 21 since finding out that they just repeat the items in sale.

I love Uniqlo sales because their clothes are high quality. Plus, when they put discount on jeans and leggings, they're quite cheap. Their basic shirts and seasonal shirts are also quite sturdy.

14. albreeden

albreedenMember

Threads:
    Uniqlo is great quality for a bargain!

15. Grace Simmons

Grace SimmonsNew Member

Threads:
    Go to crazydeals.com. It is the best store to sell online at very reasonable prices.

16. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I like Target and Kohl's for sales. I usually can find great clearance prices on kids clothes at Target. In fact, just last week I was able to get my daughter some nice sweat pants for $2.10 so I stocked up on a couple for next year. When I shop for clothes for myself, I like Kohl's. I like the way they fit and when they are on sale they are at a reasonable price. I do not go there very often but I like to hit there sales especially when you can get Kohl's cash too. Online is good place too since you can just search for what you are wanting and it will come up with multiple sites to compare prices. That is very convenient.