Best Streaming Service?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by MikeyPaine • Oct 17, 2013.

1. MikeyPaine

MikeyPaineActive Member

Threads:
    I am a user of Netflix, but I'm not sure if I'm getting the most content for my money. Any users of Amazon Instant or Hulu Plus have anything to say?

I would honestly switch to Hulu Plus right now if they had all the seasons of The Simpson, but I don't believe they do.

What do you think?

2. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:

I have both hulu and amazon and they both beat Netflix by a long run they have not only older shows but are usually up to date with shows and the new seasons. To where Netflix seems to only update their shows and movies once a year.

3. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I have purchased Hulu Plus subscriptions in the past, but was not really pleased with the service. As I'm sure you've heard, they still continue to show you commercials even when you are a paid subscriber. In addition, they list a lot of shows on their site that they don't actually offer. Even as a paid subscriber, some shows only offer clips, not the full show. And the shows that are offered in full are often limited to only a few past seasons and don't contain the current season. Some shows aren't offered on the site at all, and Hulu merely redirects you off to another site to watch them. That's one of my biggest gripes with Hulu Plus, is that they don't do a good job of letting you know exactly what you will be getting with it. It generally felt like I didn't get much of anything out of it. To make matters worse, on three different occasions after cancelling, they started billing me again out of nowhere. I had to send several angry emails to them to get refunds, but on one occasion they tried to bill an old bank account I was no longer using and didn't have any funds in, which triggered several overdraft fines the bank wouldn't back down on. Neither party would do anything to compensate me for their mistakes.