Best Submarine Sandwich?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by justusforus • Oct 24, 2013.

1. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    Okay, let's clarify. A submarine, a hoagie or a grinder. The sandwich made on a long bun or roll. Who do you think has the best in your area? Can be a chain or a local and tell what you like about it.

I will start. I think Submarina is a small local chain in Southern California but it has excellent rolls and the meat is authentic (the Italian especially, proscioutto, genoa salami, etc.) and a close tie is the "Grab and Go" submarine chain. Again, authentic bread, cheese and meats.

When I was in the midwest, there was a franchise called "Buscemi's" a party store with squares of pizza and premade Italian subs, sesame rolls, real meats and cheeses, italian dressing and just plain Grrreat! Do you have any favorites?

2. WizardOfStaz

WizardOfStazNew Member

Threads:
    I have to say Subway is my favorite sandwich restaurant, hands down. I've been a loyal customer of theirs for years and they keep me coming back. They have a good selection of ingredients, absolutely delicious breads, and their prices are pretty fair. The only thing they lack is a loyalty program, I'd love to be able to get the occasional free sandwich, considering how often I frequent the restaurant.

3. dreamseer

dreamseerMember

Threads:
    I am a huge Subway fan. I can get a foot long sub for $5.00, which is two meals for me. If I went to McDonald's I'd pay more for a meal. Plus their vegetables are always fresh and tasty, and they have a lot of healthy choices.

4. Loyal

LoyalBanned

Threads:
    There's a spot called Grand Central Station in my town and they make some great Philly Cheese Steak sandwiches. The amount of meat on it is tremendous. I need to stop going due to my weight. lol.

5. Loyal

LoyalBanned

Threads:
    The baby in the avatar is adorable. I don't usually say adorable but I had to mention it.