Best time to buy anything

Discussion in Misc & Others started by blur92 • Jan 12, 2015.

1. blur92

blur92Active Member

Threads:
    I stumbled upon this interesting article the other day:

The link contains an easy to read chart of various items and what season is best to purchase them in. Listed products span from electronics, apparel, food, tickets, and more. The accompanying article briefly describes the reasons why that item is sold at a lower price. Included are links to stores featuring good deals. Personally, I think this is extremely useful. It is well organized and easy to read.

2. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Although I find the table really interesting (it makes for a generic guide), I do think the situation differs from culture to culture. For instance, in my country, there are no broadway shows. We do have occasional stage plays or theatre productions. Perhaps I can customize it for my own consumption based on the environment I'm currently staying in.

3. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't buy things really because I want them, I buy them because I need them. But because I don't know when I'm gonna be needing things, I'll only buy them when the time comes that I need them, only when the time comes that I need them. But if not, then no. So even if they are expensive in the time that I need them, I'd still get them.

4. blur92

blur92Active Member

Threads:
    003, I figure because I will be needing certain items in the future then I might as well stock up. Although the expense will be higher in the short run, in the long run it will be cheaper. I hate buying something at full price. I will usually try to pass it up, even when I need it.

xTinx, I'm sorry. I guess I did not take that into consideration when I posted this. I am guessing the table is mostly based on US retail.