Best Time To Shop For Clothes

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Ani_m • Jul 5, 2017.

1. Ani_m

Ani_mMember

Threads:
    It happens to all of us, you buy clothes at a certain price then two weeks later the price is lowered because the season ends. This happens with many things, but most frequently with clothes. I've learned to wait for the end of seasons to shop for clothes. Like swimwear, I wait until summer's over to buy new rashguards and boardshorts. But is there a certain time when everything seems to be at a lower price? What do you consider the best time to shop for clothes?

2. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    Hi, Ani_m I always wait for the end of a season to shop for clothes or anything else because here we have the Black Friday to almost all products. When a season ends, it starts Black Friday and is available for three days when you can buy almost anything at a lower price. When this spring ended I bought a fridge with a discount of 100 dollars, I think it worth to waiting!

3. Anjali Sharma

Anjali SharmaNew Member

Threads:
    I think it is depend on yourself that which time will suitable for you. If you want to buy in wholesale then you should wait for a good discount or you can search on net about discounts on clothes on which platform you want to buy.

4. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    When my children were real small, I would hit the clearance racks at the end of the season to find clothing for them for the following year. It was much easier to determine what size they would be in the next year so I could stock up on winter, spring, and summer clothing for them at cheap prices. I would just pack them in the closet until I needed them and they would have all the clothing they needed for the upcoming seasons. It is not so easy now but sometimes I can find a decent price for clothing that I hope will fit them the next year. If not, I can always resell it and try to make a little money on the items.

5. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    I think the best time to go shopping is at the end of the season since price usually go down during those times. However, there are certain shops that have clearance sale before and during the season which are mostly great deals. Well I don't usually shop during those times and not an impulsive shopper so I don't have any problems with that :)

6. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    For me, the best moment is always when I really need it. But choosing some specific dates, I like to buy in black friday and some time after christmas / new year time (because the discounts are usually better :p).

7. ReddOnMyHead

ReddOnMyHeadNew Member

Threads:
    I don't really wait until a certain time of the year to buy, but I absolutely never pay full price for clothes. I have a few methods for saving money when buying clothes.

I wait for a storewide sale as in semi annual, end of season, etc. I use store rewards and coupons on top of the current sale. I always check the clearance racks first. My state has a "no tax weekend", where you can get clothes up to a certain dollar amount tax free. I will wait to shop on that weekend & also combine the other methods that I mentioned for additional savings.

8. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    If not absolutely needed, I wait for the sale sessions to hit the store. Here, good deals are offered during festive seasons. There are three to four times in a year when all the big brands put their products on sale. Those are the times I wait for, and buy most of the clothes then.
    The MRP of any branded clothe has become dearer these days. Thus, there is no other option but to wait for sales so that you can get some good discount.

9. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    Buy clothes when summer is passing away (at the end of the season sale) and buy winter clothes when winter is passing away (winter sale). You may not use these clothes this season, however, you can use these items next season. When you buy at the end of the season, you can save a lot of money.

10. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    Well it depends, If you are talking summer wear, usually about October is a good time to start. Much like that, if you are looking for winter gear then starting right after than ends, usually March here, then there are some good deals.

11. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I buy when the sales are on mainly because you want to get the right size and colors. These days there is always some kind of sale or discount code so often you don't need to wait too long. Some places like Primark have limited stock and when they sell out, then it's gone.

12. Mahi

MahiMember

Threads:
    I feel there is nothing called as the best time for shopping because it's upto you, when and what kind of dress you need. You might need a dress for a party, that time you will buy it straightly or wait for the end of season sale. Take an example which I have faced, my cousin marriage was fixed at Dec and we came to knew this at Oct, now what am I supposed to do - wait for the sale or buy it directly from my favourite e-commerce. The best part what I think is whenever you shop apply coupon code from couponsji and enjoy online shopping without waiting for the clearance sale.

13. Jameson Acklee

Jameson AckleeNew Member

Threads:
    All Seasons are great for buying clothes. From Autumn to Summer, Fashionable clothes are always in demand. So, if you are searching for new varieties of clothes at an offer price then buy from Only Teez, in bulk.

14. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    The best time to shop would most definitely be the holidays, where most brands are getting rid of their old stock to make way for the new stock. The only downside to that is you have to deal with a large crowd, which makes shopping during the holidays inconvenient.

15. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I love to wait for the seasons to end to go clothing shopping as they have great discounts and many ítems can be worth next year, for example winters clothing. I always think that buying things when discounted is so much fun as I can purchase more clothing ítems that way.

16. Keibah

KeibahActive Member

Threads:
    I really don't wait for a particular season before I buy stuff I need but I also take advantage of those good seasons.

In my country. The best time to shop is in December. That's when the holidays start and that's when all the promo begins. What better time to buy more than when you get percentage discount.

17. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:
    It is good to shop in weekdays when people are busy at work. Prices are often lower. Prices go high in holidays because everyone is free and most people shop for clothes and shoes at this time.

I also like shopping in the evening. Prices are always low because it i considered to be rush hour when people are rushing back home. It is just a local market in my town and it is easy to predict when prices will be low or high.

18. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    Nowadays I am not freak to buying clothes because of a season. In order not to spend unnecessarily too high on clothes I buy at periods of offers. If I am keen on using particular clothes during a season, like Yuletide, I can buy them weeks or months before the time. My main motive of buying clothes at any time is to enjoy maximum discount.

19. dionnextherese

dionnexthereseActive Member

Threads:
    Here in the Philippines, the price goes down during the season. So for me, the best time to shop is during a certain season. Right now, Christmas is near. There are a lot of clothing brands that have a huge discount on clothes. That's the perfect time for me to shop because who does not enjoy sales and discounts? The prices are worth it.

20. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    That is really massive and would be really adorable for having such a good time.