Best Tips for Losing Weight?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by MoniqueSeibel • Aug 11, 2012.

1. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Eat real foods... can't get more specific than that. Nothing in a grocery store is real as far as I know. Other than produce that grows on a truck after soaking up as many chemicals as possible to keep the bugs at bay. mmmmmmmm pesticides and depleted soil, my fave lol. I'm amazed we still get bitten by bugs anymore with the way most people eat lol.

2. hbmm

hbmmMember

Threads:
    you can get loads of healthy, organic foods in supermarkets. What about milk and everything like that? Yes it will help eating real foods, but everything in moderation and of course you have to exercise. it's all about a healthy balance

3. kitkat0124

kitkat0124Active Member

Threads:
    I eat small frequent feeding. It's very effective for me. I noticed the changes in my belly since I'm doing it. The interval is 3-4 hours.

4. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Eating small and often will not aid fat loss, this is actually a common nutrition myth. Eating small meals and often will more likely reduce your fat-burning potential as you will probably trigger insulin and elevate blood sugar when you are eating. A fasted state is the optimal state for fat-burning, that means less frequent meals.

5. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:

Drink a lot of water I hear burns belly fat, also I love to walk I feel like its the best workout.

6. steisehodgson

steisehodgsonMember

Threads:
    I love trying to come up with new ideas for healthy meals every day, and also love to look up healthy snacks that I can make at home because this can be really fun and I've found some great recipes in the past. Like you, I love to drink green tea :) I drink at least 3 cups of it every day and find that it helps with loads of things. Running is one of my favourite cardio exercises, in particular interval training, where you run for say 1 minute, walk for 30 seconds and keep repeating this. Another favourite cardio workout of mine is cycling.

7. Cara18

Cara18Member

Threads:
    I would say don't deprive yourself. It is okay to have a piece of chocolate or whatever here and there. It keeps you sane and you are less likely to go crazy or eat badly.

8. randee555

randee555Active Member

Threads:
    My tips would be to start eating healthy first, count calories and then once you have that down and are used to eating healthy and smaller amounts then incorporate exercise. Find out what works for you and definitely make a lifestyle change, don't just consider it a diet.

9. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Loads? Nope, I disagree. Don't believe everything you read. Milk? Depends on who you ask.. I say no. "Moderation" is overused. Most people that say it, aren't considering how everything adds up and believe me, it's fast. Moderation is a gateway lol. Eating real food isn't about depriving yourself anyway.. seeing it that way is why people can't stick to it and why most people can't lose weight permanently.

10. dieselfit

dieselfitActive Member

Threads:
    This x 1 million! I can't name all of the fake foods out there so the best thing to know is if it's not real, then it's not food that should be eaten. It's unbelievable how many foods out there are destroying our insides to our outsides overtime. We don't even know it until so much time goes by. Real food from mother nature is the way to go. Also we can't forget water. These days we have a high sodium intake and with all of those salty foods, we need to have water within reach or we'll dehydrate at one point!

11. ABC123

ABC123Member

Threads:
    The best thing I did to lose weight was an 8 week fitness challenge. The local YMCA had created a program like the Biggest Loser television program. Being apart of a team and working together with support was the best way in which I lost week well. The challenge had us do extra workouts outside the gym and keep a food journal. We earned points and stuff. It was a real motivator and the information gained helped turn eating and fitness into a life style. Dieting usually means a one time event. But make permanent changes requires no dieting but life habit changes.

In addition, I do not drink soft drinks. I drink lots of water. I try to eat lots of veggies as well. Daily exercise too.

12. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    I gave up sodas,caffeine and most processed foods years ago. Plus I've always been active so I've never really had a lot of weight to lose at any one time. Occasionally, I will skip breakfast for a couple of days if I think I need to lose a few pounds. I know that'snot recommended, but it works for me and always has.

I also try not to eat after six at night in the winter and seven in the summer, but that's a regular habit I use to keep weight off. Not to lose it.

13. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    In addition to getting yourself on a better diet and exercising regularly, setting realistic goals for yourself is a really strong motivator. Most people who start to try and lose weight start off saying "I need to lost 30 pounds in x amount of months," and they end up faltering because they don't reach their goal right away, even if they've made progress.

What I started doing was setting goals "I want to be able to run for at least 3 minutes straight without stopping in 2 weeks." And once I accomplished that goal, I'd gradually ramp up the difficulty of each goal and keep working towards it. To me, that gives you more personal satisfaction and a sense of accomplishment with getting healthy rather than just one overarching "I want to lose 30 pounds" goal.

14. rares209

rares209Member

Threads:
    If you are just starting losing weight, I recommend you taking it slow, because you have to adapt your body to the new diet. The most effective tips I can offer you are:
    -Drink 2 liters of water per day
    -Eat a candy or something oly once per week
    -Sleep more
    -Eat more proteins and reduce your carbohydrates
    -Do some HIIT training if you don't want to go to the gym, you will find a lot about this effective way of losing fat on the internet
    -Eat 6 times per day, because you need to speed up your metabolism (3 meals and 2-3 snacks)

15. AtlantaSports

AtlantaSportsActive Member

Threads:
    First off, I am happy that you have chosen to make your life healthier. One of the most important things is to drink plenty of water. I mean so much water to the point where you have to pee constantly. Also, eat plenty of fruit and vegetables. Avoid as much processed food as you can. Stay away from high fat foods unless you are getting foods like nuts and other things that are high in protein.

16. AtlantaSports

Threads:
    I forgot to mention that in my post. Eating small but frequent meals is the best way to increase your metabolism at an alarmingly fast rate. It wakes up your body, give it more energy, and helps motivate it to make other healthy choices. Make sure your meals consist of healthy options, though. Small portions of McDonald's will not help with your weight loss goal whatsoever.

17. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Losing weight requires three simple things: determination, a healthy diet, and regular exercise. You should increase your water intake to become healthier and eat a little less, and then you should reduce your unhealthy carbs and raise the number of healthier carbs you take in. Also, cut out as much added sugar as you possibly can.

18. AtlantaSports

Threads:
    Also, you must be capable of being able to motivate yourself constantly. There is not any downtime whenever it comes to losing weight. You must be ready to work out whenever it is time to work out, and there is no ifs, ands, or buts about it. I also suggest doing cardio right before you go to bed, as it helps your metabolism in your sleep, and it burns calories while you are asleep.