Best Travel Discount, Loyalty, Credit Card Programs?

Discussion in Travel started by Shoplady • Aug 8, 2016.

1. Shoplady

ShopladyMember

Threads:
    What do you guys think are the best discount/rewards programs out there for frequent travelers?

A few people in my family really swear by the Southwest rewards program and their credit card. They've been able to earn a lot of free flights and it seems they are always getting other perks like free cocktails and discounted meals. Another family member has been staying at all Marriott hotels and says he gets a lot of free rooms and other local discounts.

Since I'm going to be traveling a lot next year, I wondered if you guys had any more ideas I should check out before I start my planning?

2. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I have used Marriott Rewards before but the hotels are expensive so unless you can afford to stay there everywhere you go, it wouldn't be worth it. Expedia also has a reward program but beware: the points accrued do expire. We also use Air France Flying Blue but you must rack up an incredible amount of points before you get anything. The Greyhound Bus System has a points system, which is very attainable and worth it if you will be using this form of transport all summer. Also, most credit card companies offer a points system with redeemable cards, and some of these can be used towards travel.