Best Used Item You Have Ever Bought?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Sealpikachu • May 16, 2016.

1. Sealpikachu

SealpikachuMember

Threads:
    when answering another thread, I remembered the amazing experience it was for me to buy a used pokemon game to doscover a completed pokedex, shinies and legendaries inside. It was one of the best experiences I had and I still check the pc first thing after buying a used game. What awesome experiences have you had?

2. sharatharadhya

sharatharadhyaMember

Threads:
    The best thing I have ever bought was an Intel Core 2 Duo. The original Chip would have cost me around $80. But when I wanted that Chip it was out of Production. As I was on a tight budget I had to go for a Used Chipset. It was surprisingly Cheap at just $10 including Shipping. It has been working great for what I do and has never given me any sort of Problem. I bought it on eBay by the way.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well I have bought a used CPU, and it's still working up to now. I also bought a couple of used cellphones and they are ok in quality. Do used clothes count? I have a lot of them and they turned out quite good.

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I got a second hand laptop once but I only had to pay a fraction because it was from a family member. Usually I don't trust buying used items all that much but in this case since I wasn't paying that much and it was coming from a family member I considered it an exception. It was just a mediocre laptop and it has gotten very slow over the years but surprisingly it's the last one still functional even as all my other laptops have broken in one way or another. Like I said it's extremely slow now but still very much usable for small tasks and now I use it for playing movies.

5. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't know if this falls into this thread. Our Honda Civic model 1993 was one of our best buys for a used item. We bought it when it was 2 years old for 330k when the brand new costs 560k. It was a good car that lasted with us until 2013 when we bought the new Ford Escape. We sold that old one for 80k so that means we still gained a bit since it was already vintage.

But now that we have bought 2 brand new cars, I don't think we would consider buying a used car again. And in fairness to us, the Mitsubishi Mirage is performing very good and above our standards. We are very satisfied with our 2 brand new cars.

6. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    The best used item I have ever bought is a Nokia C2 phone. I bought it from a phone technician after being enthralled by its features. I bought it for only $10 and didn't have to take it for any refurbishment except for the outer cover which I replaced later. The phone has encountered alot of hazards including falling down and exposure to rain but its still functional.

7. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    The best used item that I have ever bought would have to be my iPod touch. I bought it for a fraction of the price of a new iPod touch. I didn't encounter any problem with the gadget at all. It doesn't hang, lag or have any other issues. It looks brand new expect for the back part where it has some scratches. But that is easily fixed by putting a case on it. So I was very happy for that purchase although I sold it already after my mom broke the screen, lol.

Another used item that I was proud to have bought would be a Coach bag I got from my mom's officemate. She is quite a collector of bags and every time she gets tired of a bag, she sells it for a bargain price. The bag doesn't look too bad although it needed to be cleaned by a professional. But aside from that, the zippers all worked fine, there were no damages and the handles are perfect.

8. Sealpikachu

SealpikachuMember

Threads:
    Used clothes definitely count! I get used clothes all the time from my cousings who funnily enough, are younger than me. I used to give them clothes as they grew up but then they got really tall and I srayed short. They return the favor now. So many cute dresses for free!

9. Naturalbeauty92

Naturalbeauty92New Member

Threads:
    I bought my current phone the Samsung Galaxy Note 3. This phone cost me a little over $100. It works like I bought it from T-Mobile. I also buy used clothes off of Mercari and they are always pretty and in good condition.

10. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I bought a leather purse one time at a flea market that lasted me years and years. It looked nice, and I think I paid all of 25 cents for it. I mean some things are just amazing and people just let the go for so little sometimes. You wonder what they are thinking. You never know the circumstances behind why someone is getting rid of something though.

11. thapa022

thapa022New Member

Threads:
    My TV, its a samsung tv. We bought it from a pawn shop. At first I was very skeptical about it, but after two years it is still going strong. With TVs I feel we only notice it exists when something goes wrong but this tv just keeps powering on. It has made college life really awesome.

12. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I too have come across some great second hand things I got at thrift stores like my Lee jeans and a leather bag I got that I use sometime. I found a golf club just right for shorter people that I got for my cousin one year-he so far hasn't said anything and took it right away. I also got some curtains at thrift shop. Thrift shops like Savers has sales too and you can get things for really good prices always good items too! I watch American Pickers who has things for very good prices too. I 've been looking at auctions that has very nice things going up for sale soon...looks good!

13. Sealpikachu

SealpikachuMember

Threads:
    I love buying used bags as well. I have found stuff from generic brands to LV super cheap and well cared for bags for around 5 dollars. There is one I still have I got from a used sale. All you need to do with those is clean it up a bit but many people don't want to do that so they give them out instead.

14. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    A friend of mine told me that her girlfriend found a Coach bag at a Church yardsale or flea market type site, and it was 3.00 !. I mean it is possible it was a knock off, but for that price who cares? it always helps to keep your eyes open and look around when you go to those places. Sometimes people might want to get rid of something nice, because their ex gave it to them or something.

15. cluckeyo

cluckeyoActive Member

Threads:
    I would probably have to say, our car. It's been a great little car. Nothing fancy, but low miles and had been garage parked all it's life. We have owned it for about 5 years and have had no problems with it so far. We bought it on Craigslist, which is a great place to buy all kinds of used stuff.

16. jonthai

jonthaiMember

Threads:
    This may seem ridiculous, but actually the used thing i bought was a study book for my biology class.It was very cheap, while on the market it was too expensive. When i got it, i opened it, and it was filled with notes with a nice and simple explanation of the subject on the page. It was very nice, because it saved me time to make all those notes.

17. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I guess the biggest, best, deal we ever got was on a used vehicle. We got it for a reasonable price, but then a lot more happened. Someone hit it and because of the "deluxe" paint job and trim, the insurance paid more for the repairs than what we initially paid for it. We decided to trade it in after that, so we didn't do the repair and kept the money. Then, we got almost as much as we paid for it in trade in value. We actually made money off that purchase after driving it for over a year, ha ha.

18. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    Oh this is certainly a tough one, because I consider myself pretty lucky when it comes to getting the value out of used items. I am a little biased though, because I have to say that it is my car, and I am still shocked at how much I have managed to get out of this thing. It is a 2002 Toyota Corolla and I bought it used about six years ago for pretty cheap, and I have not had any real issues with it - knock on wood. I hope that I can continue this luck with cars, but something tells me that I am not in for continued luck.

19. DiscountDreams

DiscountDreamsActive Member

Threads:
    I bought a $900 guitar amp for $150 - it's still my amp of choice. Craigslist steal, happened upon it at 2 AM. Guy didn't realize what he had, I tried to explain to him it was worth more than $150 but he just wanted the cash.

20. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    For me the best deal I found at a flea market last year was a HP laptop for $15.00. I bought a new power cord and battery for it from Amazon and it works great! I say about $60 total maybe less. I wasn't looking to buy a laptop but for $15.00 I just couldn't pass it up.