Best Used Item You Have Ever Bought?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Sealpikachu • May 16, 2016.

1. johndee

johndeeMember

Threads:
    Used items are often preferred because they are always a good bargain. Of course no one is going to sell or buy a secondhand item at its original price.

But as far as used items are concerned, I am weary of electronic and electric items. This is because I can hardly assess how good an item is considering the fact that the owner could be disposing numerous repairs and having enough trouble with it.

Well, I am not implying that there aren't good used electronic and electric items from genuine sellers out there. That's just me. I am afraid of buying something that will soon break down and has no warranty.

My preferred used items are wooden. You can never go wrong with them. I can physically assess the item for any damages and defaults and ascertain its worth.

Among many used items, the best I ever bought is a kingsize handcurved mahogany bed. It has been as sparkling as it was seven years ago when I bought it.

2. WantToSave

WantToSaveNew Member

Threads:
    Best used item I bought was a blazer in second hand store, I've had it three years! wear it all the time as it fits perfectly and has no noticeable wear and tear. Honestly better than most new clothes I have purchased!

3. alvinsalls

alvinsallsNew Member

Threads:
    By far the best dead that I made with used stuff is on very old watch. Restored to perfection. That on was a real classic. Has anyone ever heard about UNIVERSAL watches? Beautiful wrist watch from the 50' I still have it and sometimes I wear it. You can find it on google of course :)

4. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I am not a great fan of buying used items. However, if it's a motor vehicle I would not have a problem but there are not many other things that I would consider buying after it had been used. There is also the feeling by persons that great care should by a person who is buying a second-hand electronic item because it may be difficult to find out if it's below par.

5. v_lady_g

v_lady_gNew Member

Threads:
    I'm wary of buying anything that's been used, especially when sold online. But I must say, that with books, anyone could get a pretty good deal. I got the English version of Rasero by Francisco Rebolledo from a seller in Amazon. The books in pretty good condition and looks almost new, except for the brown pages. Price was reasonable too as I got it for $2.

6. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    For me the best used item I've ever bought is a smartphone. While it always is advisable not to buy anything from friends when someone tells you their friend wants some money fast and they are selling their new phone then you have to take advantage of that. The phone was almost new and it cost me less than half what I'd spend if I bought it new.

7. My3Sons_NJ

My3Sons_NJMember

Threads:
    The best used item that I bought was my current Elitebook laptop as this computer has held up to all sorts of abuse from my children (including multiple drops) and still works well to this day. The purchase price I paid was approximately 70% less than the cost of a similar new Elitebook which allowed me to purchase a matching laptop for my wife.

8. ricemaster214

ricemaster214New Member

Threads:
    The best used item I have ever bought was a used Toyota Corolla when I turned 16. I had been working and saving up my money to finally buy it. It's been 3 years and it still works great. I couldn't be any happier with the decision I made. I plan to bring it to college with me and still use it for as long as I can.

9. Norjak71

Norjak71Member

Threads:
    My Samsung Galaxy Core Prime. It is basically a knock off of new galaxy phones but I got it for 50 dollars on ebay with a clean ESN and it has been an absolute rock ever since. The battery is continuing to go strong and I always get a great charge on it too.

10. JoshSmith

JoshSmithNew Member

Threads:
    The best Used Item I have ever bought was a Xbox 360. I got it for a killer deal at a tag sale because the family dont want there kids playing video games anymore. I still play on the Xbox today and have gotten a good share of entertainment from it.

11. Working Buck

Working BuckActive Member

Threads:
    I guess that would be my LG VU2. this unit was not released in our country, it's a Korean version. At first I did not want to buy it, but since I really need the phone and on a really tight budget. I had not other choice but to buy it. I bought it for $100 around 2014 and I'm still using it until now. I never had problems with it since I bought it.

12. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    Mine was buying a huge used refrigerator for 150 dollars. It works well and it has a ton of space. I was even given a guarantee that if it stops working within 1 year, they'd fix it and I haven't had a problem with it as of now.

13. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I generally do not buy used items but I bought one 'Lenovo Thinkpad' laptop during my stay in Sydney because I did not have enough cash. I bought it from 'Gumtree' an online shopping site going to its office personally to save on delivery charges for AU$ 90 only. I save $20 on delivery charges. The only downside was its battery was fully exhausted but I never faced any problem since there was no power outage in Australia (not for a moment during my entire stay of 2 years). I sold that laptop on my return to India at almost the same price.

14. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I have bought a used or refurbished computer at what I will say a ridiculously low price. I had thought the system will disappoint but gave it a try since the price was that low. I think I was lucky been using it all the while without any complain. It somehow depends on how the product was handled by the previous user.

15. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My best deal ever was from a thrift shop. They had some kind of a machine that looked like a huge coffee pot, and then another large plastic container that also fit into the machine. I thought it might be some kind of a water cooler; but it looked like it heated something. No one who worked at the store knew what it was either, and it was priced at $5; so I bought it.
    When I got home, I looked up the name on the internet and discovered that i had purchased a $300 water distillery ! I then read through the instructions, we replaced the old filters, and it worked fine. I have had this for about 5 years now, we use it all of the time to make purified water , and it has been the greatest "best deal" ever ! !