Best Value Make-up?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Leah • Apr 9, 2016.

1. Leah

LeahNew Member

Threads:
    I use Sheer Cover and I love it but I was hoping to find something a little cheaper but just as good. We could all do with saving money wherever we can and I always feel guilty about spending on myself for things like this.

So, do you have any advice on finding the best value for money make-up?

Which brands do you swear by?

Also, does anyone know of a company that will give out free samples for preferably free or for a tiny delivery cost?
    I bet I'm not the only one that loathes buying foundation for a ridiculous price then realising I've bought the wrong shade because it's a new brand!

2. jackiewbu

jackiewbuNew Member

Threads:
    I've never used high-end makeup because I can't afford it. But one brand I swear by is Revlon's Colorstay. They have it for oily or dry skin types, whatever type you have. The best part is that it doesn't look like you're wearing makeup and it lasts all day! You can find it anywhere for about $10.

3. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not the buffed fan of really cheap makeup.... I like department store makeup, and I'll occasionally buy from the drugstore but Revlon and Maybelline and stuff like that .
    But for me Wet N Wild is a good brand for the price. They have specially good blushes and eyeshadows! I haven't tried their face makeup products so I can't attest to them.

4. Leah

LeahNew Member

Threads:
    Thanks, I'll take a look online. I don't like wearing foundation if you can tell I have it on so this sounds perfect!

Does department store makeup last all day? What about the eyeliner/mascara.. do they run at all?

#4Apr 10, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2016
  5. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    I would suggest looking into Korean makeup brands. My favourite brands are:
    • Etude House. I love them when it comes to bb creams and mascara. Their products are very affordable and plus, their packaging is so cute, lol.
    • Tony Moly. This one's on the higher end but still not as expensive as drugstore or high end brands in the US. I love their lip tints and makeup tools.
    • Nature Republic. I love this brand for their skin care products. Try out their aloe vera gel which is a best seller.
    • Missha. I love their bb creams and foundations. Again, they're on the higher end but not as expensive as Mac or Dior, lol.
    • Innisfree. This one is only available online, at least from my country. I love their eyeliner pencils and they're affordable as well.
    • The Face Shop. Very affordable especially when they're on sale. Try out their powders and nail polishes.
    When it comes to US and UK brands:
    • Wet 'N Wild. They have cheap eyeshadow palettes that have great colour payoff.
    • Sleek. I love their eyeshadow palettes as well, great colour payoff for a cheap price.
    • Revlon. For lipsticks, this is my go-to brand and they're cheap as well especially when on sale.
    That's about it! I hope this helps!

6. Destiny

DestinyActive Member

Threads:
    I wear Infallible by Revlon. But, I have psoriasis that I get on my face sometimes and it's the only affordable ($8) foundation that actually covers it.