Best Volumizing Shampoo?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Sam Tarly • Jul 8, 2014.

1. Sam Tarly

Sam TarlyMember

Threads:
    I have thin, coarse hair and I was looking for a shampoo that would add some extra volume to it. I have already used the Granier Fructis volumizing shampoo and it didn't work for me, it made my scalp too itchy and made my hair frizzy instead of thick. I was wondering if you guys has any suggestions for any good shampoos out there that can add volume to hair?

2. pfaemaster

pfaemasterMember

Threads:
    One thing to avoid is Herbal Essences, as they put a ton of chemicals in it to make it smell good. So, over time those chemicals build up & ruin your hair so your hair wont have as much volume. I asked my hair dresser this same question and she told me to use either Garnier Fructise or Treseme or Aussie. She had something against Sunsilk also, but i cant remember because she rambled off so many things about shampoo/conditioner. Since Fructise isn't working for you, try one of the other two I mentioned. Aussie 2 in 1 is also quite good.

3. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    It is not cheap but Alterna makes some awesome shampoos that will not only leave your hair soft but also give it some added volume. It's $32 for what I believe is 8 ounces, but a little goes a long way and they sell it at Ulta and Sephora so you can always pick it up during a 20% off sale. I have tried many volumizing shampoos and it is the only one that I have seen results with after using.

4. Verity Darkwaters

Verity DarkwatersActive Member

Threads:
    My favorite is Aussie Volumizing shampoo. It is the only one I use. Make sure you get the regular, and not the 2 in 1 though. It makes my hair feel icky, but the plain one is amazing. I don't deal with greasy hair, my hair is no long flat, it smells good. I love it and use nothing else. I have been using it for years now. I think I have used it for about 5 years now. It has never let me down. Should try it and see you think. It is 5 dollars for a huge bottle, I think it does like 90 hair washes. I'm not sure, it use to say on the bottle.