Best Water Bottles

Discussion in Food & Drink started by DrRipley • Jan 21, 2015.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I usually just use water bottles instead of glasses and cups whenever I want to bring water with me to different rooms in The House because it makes it much more convenient for me since I don't have to worry about spilling or putting down coasters anymore. However I have come to realize that there are water bottles out there that are better than others because I got to try one at a friend's house that keeps the drink cold even after hours. The only problem is that there isn't a brand and they don't know where it was bought, but I still would like to be able to find a similar one.

Do you guys like using water bottles? Do you know which ones would be the best brands to buy?

2. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    Nalgene water bottles are pretty nice, they come in a great variety of shapes, colors and sizes. The biggest concern with water bottles should be whether they are BPA free, heat resistant and dishwasher safe, and I believe Nalgene passes all 3 categories.

3. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've used Nalgene, Brita and Rubbermaid. If it's for around the house it shouldn't really matter, but I like Rubbermaid as I use one with it's own filter. I always keep a bottle in the fridge or a jug of filtered water, but room temperature water is still the best for health.

4. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    I only use SIGG water bottles. When I first found them, I felt really comfortable with them being aluminum and I loved all of the designs that they have. I have about three of them in different sizes and you can clean them with Efferdent denture tablets or an equivalent of them.

5. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have one of those containers with the closed tops and the straw in it that I usually use at home or when I am in the car. It is insulated; so it keeps mywater cold, and I add ice to it before i put in the water and lemon slice.
    I also have a Sodastream that i use for carbonated water, and sodastream has glass containers that you use when making the carbonatd drinks. I keep a bottle of filtered water in the refrigerator, and then put it in a crocheted drink "cozy" to keep it cool while I am drinking it, since I don't put ice in the carbonated water. it seems to lose its zip fast enough without have ice in it.