Best Way To Complain To Online Retail Store

Discussion in Online Shopping started by DrRipley • Dec 17, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I have a number of complaints with an online retail store that I used recently and I am really frustrated at their service enough to expect some sort of compensation in return, but I'm unsure which would be the most effective method to get this result. I'm leaning towards sending an email because I can collect my thoughts through written words a lot better but I am thinking I might get more noticed or at least get more instant results if I complain via phone. What do you guys think? Anyone who's been through this before have any advice?

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You should always complain online first and follow their complaints procedure as it would get passed there any way. You could print out a copy of the email and post it as well, other than that if they have social media, Facebook is best, go on and ask about complaints procedure to make sure you know where to address things to. Often they will them send you a personal message.

Calling doesn't always help unless you want a refund specifically. I had some instances I had called and they can be useless call centers or staff working remotely to take calls as they have no authority to sanction things.

If you outline the issue maybe we can help you more?

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree with Theo. Write first. They may not respond to the email. Write another email to demand why you didn't receive a response to your email. If they still don't respond pick up that phone and call them. Phone calls tend to work better than emails but there's no guarantee that your problem will be fixed. All you'll be talking to is a Customer service rep. and they may take you on a wild goose chase anyway.

4. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I agree with both Theo and Denis Hard. Although you may find it hard to secure an email address and/or telephone number. I've been in this situation before and have had to seriously scour the internet for those! They don't exactly make it easy for you.Good luck :)

5. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I exhaust all available options whenever I try to voice out my complaints. An online retail store sent me a pair of shoes with a size that's way below my actual size so I tried talking to a live chat support representative to let them know about my concern. They called me up right away and the issue was resolved. If there's no live chat, you can always send an email or call their toll free number through Skype or other apps.