Best website for hotel discounts?

Discussion in Travel started by Mayvin • Jun 15, 2013.

1. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    We've seen so many of those commercials that claim to give great discounts for hotel rooms but I always see the fine print (too small to really read of course) sprawled across the screen and was wondering if anyone has used some of these sites (you know which ones) and was there any catch? Did you really save and what was your overall experience?

2. coolaaryan777

coolaaryan777New Member

Threads:
    A lot of travel websites are offer the discounts for hotels and other facilities. It is totally depends on which travel company you select for trip. Some of the travel agencies are give the best discounted offers for trip.

3. kasi

kasiActive Member

Threads:
    Many travel sites in the world who give to you much discount and offer for the trip but I recommend to you that hotel.com is best for you and I hope this community give to you much discount..

4. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I always check Agoda and Airbnb. Though the deals here are great, you have to make sure that you will check and read the fine print very carefully. People oftentimes get tricked by advertisements because they don't read things fully. This is the thing that I learned the hard way. So, if you do not want to be "robbed" check everything twice!

5. parisebook

parisebookNew Member

Threads:
    I think Agoda and Booking

6. etc

etcActive Member

Threads:
    Tripadvisor.com seem like a good discount source. we have booked over them to a hotel in an island nearby. The discount may not be as huge but enough to buy you a beer :D Register to their site and maybe participate to their discussions too. Their users sometimes upload images of places you might want to visit.

7. terryp1202

terryp1202New Member

Threads:
    Hotwire has never failed me. I think they are by far the best site to book a hotel and save big. I've used them more than 10 times and every time I've came out with a good deal. The only catch is that you don't know the exact hotel until after you pay. They give you a specific area, and a star rating to which you must agree to and make a purchase. I guess that is the catch for the low rate. I'm sure the site can explain it in further detail if you'd like to check it out.

8. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This has been my experience as well. The best deals I've seen are the ones where they won't disclose the name of the hotel in advance. If you go by the star rating, hopefully you come out okay. A lot of it can depend on the amenities as well. It may be a very nice, clean hotel, yet not have things like a coffee maker in the room. To get a nice chunk off the hotel bill, I can do without the little things.