Best Websites For Buying Electronics?

Discussion in Online Shopping started by kilospeed • Jul 10, 2015.

1. kilospeed

kilospeedNew Member

Threads:
    I always check eBay and Amazon for deals on keyboards, remotes, USB sticks, etc, but want to know if there are more reliable niche sites I can use. I'm thinking of investing in a used laptop (that's better than my current one) and I don't want to get scammed.

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The best way to save money when buying anything online is to compare prices. If you buy only from Amazon and Ebay you'll miss out on many great deals. The following sites are legit places you could buy electronics from and anytime you desire to compare prices then you should consider taking a look at them:

-

All the best!

3. Sunshine703

Sunshine703Active Member

Threads:
    Yup, what the guy above said. I have used newegg, thinkgeek and tigerdirect as well and they are all good websites if your looking for deals on electronics. But out of Amazon and eBay, I feel that eBay has the better deals. Just my opinion though because I've found great electronic deals from that site. Check out the other sites too, but eBay is the place to buy cheap used electronics for me.

4. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've bought from Newegg and Tigerdirect, as well as Best Buy, Overstock and Frys. I've also bought on eBay, but those purchases tend to be used, as well as new/used accessories for my electronics. Here's another I've bought from, but it's been a while, because I keep forgetting about them:

And, sometimes you can get good deals from

I haven't bought anything since they switched from Buy.com, but I haven't seen a difference in their ads, so I think they're still basically the same. Make sure you sign up with Ebates or another such company, and also look for coupons, prior to making any purchase, especially a major one, since that will get you lots of $$ back.

5. rightct

rightctActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know if you're into Chinese stuff, but nevertheless I will give my suggestion, too. Lately, I've been interested into saving some money for electronics I buy, and began searching for alternatives. Ultimately, I managed to stumble upon some Chinese sites that ship internationally, and saw good electronics for a bargain. Now before you say: You get the price you pay, let me just tell you I've ordered about $150 worth of electronics till now and never been disappointed. Check out this site:

and take a look!

6. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to recommend NewEgg, but a friend of mine got into a big argument with them over honoring some price offer they had stated. I believe they were advertising that they would price match their competitors, and my friend had ordered an expensive camera lens from them only to find out it was for sale for a few hundred dollars less at another retailer. They kept giving him the run around about honoring their price matching. He ultimately had to return the lens to them for a full refund, and go purchase it elsewhere.

I would check Amazon first, then eBay second. The reason being, there are some people who merely drop ship items from Amazon by simply listing them on eBay at a higher price, so they can make a profit.

7. LilAnn

LilAnnActive Member

Threads:
    I've used thinkgeek a number of times, and have never been disappointed. I've also dealt with their customer service and they were always very friendly and very helpful. I'd recommend it to anyone.

8. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    If you're not too against buying from China then I'd recommend deal extreme. It's a great site where I found a few hard to find cables and electronics. The only downside is that shipping takes very long, but if you're not in a hurry and you're looking for something hard to find or just something less mainstream then it's a eat site to browse and buy from. Granted, it's been over a year since I last bought from them so I don't know how they are now, but they probably still operate with the same quality.

9. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I find that Best buy is still my favorite. I got my last laptop in there, and I had to exchange because it has a problem and they did it no problem. I would be hesitant to buy at places like Ebay. I would only get electronics from Ebay if they weren't such high value.

10. LilAnn

LilAnnActive Member

Threads:
    A major appeal to any of them is being able to buy from home... shoes off and tv making noise in the background. lol I really do prefer to order from home.and I typically find what I'm looking for in cheaper spots... like overstock.com