Better deals are to be found online

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Sweetkymom • Apr 7, 2014.

1. Sweetkymom

SweetkymomActive Member

Threads:
    I have found that I can buy clothes online from local stores and it'll be cheaper than actually shopping in the store. Online stores put out coupon codes just about everyday. They also have better sales and clearance items. Often times, you can stack coupon codes along with sales and come out paying just a few cents. I have done this quite a bit and will continue to do so.

Woman Within, Old Navy & Bath N Body Works are great companies with awesome stackable coupon codes.

2. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    I'm guessing that the prices are better online because online stores don't have to pay for shelf space, just storage, and the number of employees they hire is also lower than a store. An online store can operate country wide from just one location while a brick and mortar store has to rent a lot of locations to get similar coverage. When you combine all this it's easy to see why online stores can offer coupon codes or sales almost daily since they have lower operating costs.

3. tea

teaNew Member

Threads:
    I feel like this depends a lot on the store. Some stores have amazing coupon codes all the time that you can stack and have a fantastic deal delivered to your doorstep, while others tend to have much better markdowns in store. Some stores also vary from location to location. I live near two Targets, for example, and one of them consistently has lower markdowns than the other for some reason.

Plus, a lot of clothing retailers in particular I've noticed tend to offer "flat rate" shipping of $8-10 dollars, which in my opinion is not that great considering they're trying to present it as a selling point. Let's say they have a great sale going on and I want to buy a top for $5...if it's $10 flat rate shipping, that $5 top becomes $15, and it drives me nuts to pay twice as much in shipping as the cost of the item.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's always gonna be cheaper to buy items online, because it costs them less in terms of not paying for the lease, and they don't have to hire as much employees. That's why I tend to look at the prices of the things that I want to buy online 1st before trying to look for them in physical stores so I can compare the price.

5. Neperon

NeperonActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah this is something that i have experienced personally and i feel that is fine enough.Most of the times it happens we are able to get some decent deals through online sources.That works and this is why some people have started preferring online shops because they work quite positively.

6. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree that's another reason why I like shopping online. It's easier to find and get deals. It's also easier to choose and buy what you like. Everything is easy to look at. The only problem I face with shopping online is I don't get to fit the clothes that I am buying. Of course, I can return them or have them replaced if ever the don't fit me that well, but this has more hassle. It is indeed convenient buying online, but when you get a trouble with what you buy and you need to send them back and have them replaced, it becomes less convenient than going to the actual store and seeing in there the problems before you buy so you avoid them.

7. wander_n_wonder

wander_n_wonderActive Member

Threads:
    My experience is somewhat different and I would say it really varies on the situation. There are times that it would be more expensive online and the downside is that you can't really fit them. Overall, what I would always do is compare both before making any decision. Also, I would visit the store and then surf their online shop to make a live comparison on the price. That saves me a lot.

8. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    I agree. I've had plenty of luck getting items online at Target or Walmart then going to the actual store. If you spend a certain amount on apparel, you get a discount and free shipping. Another plus is if you continuously buy from the store on a weekly basis, you get coupons online or through mail to use on your next shopping spree. I love it because it helps me save money.