Better late than never!

Discussion in Look Who Found Us! (Introduce Yourself) started by sandooch • Aug 15, 2012.

1. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    I just realized that I've been on here for a few weeks and never introduced myself. My name is Sandy, and I'm a SAHM of two girls; although, they are now both adults at 21 and 18 and I'll be looking for work soon now that my youngest is learning to drive and will get her license soon. Scary to get out in the workplace again after being home so many years.

2. KNH

KNHActive Member

Threads:
    Hi Sandy, welcome to the forum and good luck :)

3. ljepilo

ljepiloActive Member

Threads:
    +1 I hope you will enjoy your time here as much as I do also :) !

4. Livvi

LivviActive Member

Threads:
    Welcome to the forum, Sandy. :) I am a SAHM too, although my children are 12, 9 and 4. I work from home as well, or at least I try too - that doesn't always work out as planned! I wish you every success as you look for work and I look forward to reading more of your contributions to the forum. :)

5. tetutato

tetutatoActive Member

Threads:
    Welcome to the community!

6. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    Are you a single SAHM (stay-at-home mom, yes? just to make sure)?

If you're not single; Don't you miss the good-ol`-days, when one income was EXPECTED to provide for a whole family's needs? If it were like that again, you wouldn't even hafta worry about 'finding a job somewhere.' You could be satisfied knowing the information you share here is helping your fellow DPFers to live better, (plus the little bit of 'extra money' you can get from ... links I can send if you'll let me ...)

If you ARE single (and even if you're not), you need to 'get into the mindstate of the industry's next hire'; "remember your training" (STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI) ... maybe think of yourself as 'a newly-repaired part of the company-machine.'

I'm praying for you :D