Better, Secure And Not Expensive Shipping Service

Discussion in Shipping Services started by Zahed Kamal • Dec 15, 2016.

1. Zahed Kamal

Zahed KamalNew Member

Threads:
    Hi,
    Recently, My employer sent an iPad 4 for me via DHL Express. And i was informed via DHL Customer Support team that i'll have to pay approximately $500 to get that ipad from Customs. Which is include Taxes, Vat and Penalty as the iPad came without LC (dont know what is it). As iPad has Lithium Ion battery, i have to pay another $100 to Air Lines as they said something like "Dangerous Boost"! So, its basically i'll have to pay money by what i can buy another iPad!

In past i purchased from eBay. Mainly clothes. Never had to paid more then $20. I guess those orders came via Air Mail or Normal Shipping service.

So, can anybody suggest me if i want to avoid all these such fees/fines. Except taxes. What is the best way for my client to send an iPad from UK with a tracking number.

Please help.
    Thank you

2. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I think that the more secure part of that is getting more and more important every day now. I have heard some horror stories out there about people running into problems with information getting out there. Gotta be careful.

3. Zahed Kamal

Zahed KamalNew Member

Threads:
    I dont think your comment answers anything i asked! :p

4. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    @Zahed Kamal@Zahed Kamal I bought a tab from ebay. The seller was based in the US. The seller offered free shipping. Therefore, I bought the product. He also provided a tracking number. I did not receive the product, when I tried to track, I can find that the product had reached Singapore. But from Singapore, it did not arrive to my place. I think yours and mine are exceptional case because earlier, I had bought similar products and did not have any problems.
    You can try economy international shipping, which is a lot more cheaper.

#4Dec 20, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2016