Betting On Lotteries

Discussion in Personal Finance started by Jamille • May 7, 2017.

1. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    I always see people lining up at lottery outlets to place bets on 4 or 6 numbers that they hope will be drawn and give them the fortune that no amount of hard work can probably give them. I can't blame them though. There had been success stories of impoverished people winning millions on the lottery and betting about 2 or 4 cents a day seem to be such a low investment to make for possible huge gains. In fact, some people would actually bet on the same number combination every day. To some people though, betting is a waste of money. I've tried it a few times and my combinations never came close to the winning numbers. Have you tried betting on lotteries?

2. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    How I wish I could win in the game of chance like lottery. That is only up to dreaming it, a wish that never ever would come true for I haven't tried at all in placing my bet for my favorite number combination.

I do agree with you that those people particularly the poor would be a great transformation for them if they would ever win in the lottery. They don't have to work so hard. But the big question: what are their chances of winning for there are so many number combinations. That is why it is called as the game of chance; that's a chance for the lifetime so to speak.

3. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I know of some people who regularly buy lotto tickets. My impression is that they are already gambling because their bets are substantial already. I consider lotto a charitable contribution and I bet on it once in a blue moon only and also when there is a huge jackpot. All of us are dreaming of hitting it big but it’s not right to spend money on such an endeavor because the probability is stacked against us. As what my mother would say, it is better to buy food with your money than to buy a lotto ticket.