Beware - Non-Edible Cake Glitter / Decoration - EdAble Art Ltd

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by ghostwheel • Mar 14, 2014.

1. ghostwheel

ghostwheelMember

Threads:
    Just read in the news that a businesswomen just got convicted of supplying food additives in the UK that she claimed to be edible, which it wasn't. The material that was actually used was shredded plastic and powdered brass.

Struck me as familiar, so I asked my cousin about it and it turned out she had used some of this (labelled EdAble Art Ltd) that was used in some of the cakes she made in the past. Which I ate in some occasions - yuck! (nice cake though ruined by what I'd consider as essentially industrial waste material)

2. JoJoYorkshire

JoJoYorkshireNew Member

Threads:
    Powdered brass and shredded plastic??!!! That's awful, I haven't used any of that stuff in baking I've done but I feel for anyone that has, you really don't want to think of eating that kind of thing or giving it to your family and friends. I'm amazed what people can get away with sometimes, I wonder how long she was doing it for?

3. Oakster

OaksterActive Member

Threads:
    How long did this go on for before it was detected?
    I hope she gets a severe punishment, people could have dies from eating this stuff!

4. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That sounds really nasty. I wonder what it tasted like? Was it all covered up with sugar? Did you get any side effects from it?
    I am more than hesitant to put anything in my mouth that doesn't look natural.

5. ghostwheel

ghostwheelMember

Threads:
    The decoration itself seemed tasteless while the cake was rather tasty. Company house shows that they've been around since 29/07/11 and the directors are intending to strike it off the records (close down) - probably to dodge whatever potential lawsuits.

I was under the impression that whatever I'd eat would be digestible and my gut would disintegrate it. Things like plastic and metal just isn't fit for human consumption at all and I'd imagine it'd get pooped out (hopefully it doesn't get stuck in my stomach!)

6. RaidAurora

RaidAuroraMember

Threads:
    Powdered brass? SHREDDED PLASTIC? What? That's insanity. Any number of people could have cut up the inside of their throat, stomach lining, and intestines assuming they applied the decoration liberally enough. I would sue the hell out of this lady, and I hope she gets slapped with quite a few years.