Beware Of Ebay

Discussion in Online Shopping started by pafjlh • Mar 19, 2015.

1. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I no longer use eBay, but when I did used to it was when I lived in England. I only bought from UK sellers, and sometimes from the US. @Rosyrain@Rosyrain that sounds like it was a great service you received from China! I hope you actually liked the tea set when you received it. When I lived in England I used to buy my beauty products from this Canadian online store and my stuff always arrived within the week. I love that store and wish I could still buy from it from here :(

2. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I guess Ebay has good and bad sellers and reading the store ratings would be important before you buy. I have seen some fantastic deals on Ebay...and some of the sellers had very positive ratings as well...so It could be something to experiment with an utilze as you need to or see fit.

3. cnt422

cnt422New Member

Threads:
    I have had very few interactions with Ebay and don't have any complaints, although I am a little leery of the deals coming from China. I can't say I'd ever heard of these penny auctions until now. All my purchases on Ebay were made without the auction process, iirc. How do you sort out the penny auctions that are worth it, vs those that aren't?

4. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I do not buy on EBay nearly as much as I used to and I do not sell on there at all anymore. It is not worth the hassle. I find that they drive the prices so low on things that it is just a waste. Buying on Ebay can be just as bad.

5. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Thank you for the heads up about this. I am a massive fan of Ebay, as all of the purchases that I have ever made with them have gone smoothly. Even the one purchase made that did not work out so well due to the item not performing too well, was returned and the postage and packaging to return it was paid by the seller as per our agreement. But I will be looking out for anything from China.

6. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I had this problem when I was just starting out with eBay and it can be a good way to get your ratings up. Now, I just use the buy it now option and find the best deal that way. I have gotten lots of things cheap that way without hassling with the bidding war. But I agree auctions can get really intense and it can be addicting.

7. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do't think it is wise just to look at the feedback ratings. I feel like before purchasing, one needs to look up the reviews manually, and read both the positive ones and the negative ones, paying attention to the depths of the negative ones specifically. Some of these sellers cannot be trusted, and I would rather not be the one who gets scammed.

8. Kamarsun1

Kamarsun1Member

Threads:
    I just buy now when I'm on e-bay, I tried the auctions once way back when it was popular, but I didn't have much success bidding, it's easy from me to just buy the item, e-bay has lots of deals, just but care and read the reviews to get a better understanding from the customers, and I haven't tried the penny auctions, but thanks for the tip, I will look into it.